Thread: Servo upgrade

RC poster

Servo upgrade

Hi all

I've had my 3.3 Revo for about 6 years but haven't used it for probably 3. My son has an E rustler and has decided to save up for a revo which has rekindled my intrest. I'm looking to upgrade a few things to get it ready for spring time. The stock servo's as I remember were starting to get quite sluggish. I'd like to hear what servo's you're using. The truck at this point is all stock and just used for bashing. Thanks

RC Qualifier
    I just got a Hitec 7954sh

SPECS:
    6.0V 7.4V
    Speed: 0.15 sec 0.12 sec
    Torque: 333 oz/in 403 oz/in

On my nitro i'll only get 333 with the AA betteries, but my emaxx will get getting 7.4V, either way should be a lot better than the stock.

RC poster
    I would suggest a SAVOX 1256TG, This servo has 20kg of torque, is pretty fast and hardly uses any power.
    Its the same servo im using in my buggy and revo, flawless running for the last 2 years.

Link: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ium-Gear-Servo

Nothing against Hitec but i found they use alot of power.
    i normally use Hitec HS-7955TG on both or the faster model one on throttle/brake.

but compared to the 125XTG Range , the savox use alot less power, easily get 20mins + more on the savox's.
    Last edited by buggyandtruck; 01-06-2013 at 09:37 PM. Reason: link

RC poster
    Thanks guys

RC Competitor
    if ur just bashing, i do like the 2075 waterproof servo traxxas makes. its not the strongest or fastest but i have em on my revo cause i have a waterproof reciever box also. i like spektrum servo too. 6020 for steering an 6010 i think for throttle. i just added these to my buggy. under $60 they work great
    revo 3.3 tmaxx 3.3 ofna hyper 7