RC Racer

screws and threads

Just got a traxxas wheelie bar and when i removed the toe link screws the threads
    Were on the screws! This made for a very sucky evening as i cursed and came
    Close to filming the death of a summit via a 12 gauge loaded with 00buck.

This is not the first time that the threads have followed screws on this truck
    the rockers also did this but were much eaiser to repair then the threadless
    Diff that i was left with.. as you can imagine i am not a happy camper , after
    3 hours and some loctite and a bit of ca for now the screws r secure for now.

I have concerns as to how long this will last till they r pulled free frm the diff.
    well my rampage vent is over for now but a call to texas is in order for Monday
    i do like nylon / plastic but in combination with a fine thread screw it sucks..

RC Enthusiast
    You can always just replace the link's ball joints... I isn't that hard, just getting the joint the stay straight is a challenge

RC Racer
    Ok it is official.....

RC Enthusiast
    Official what?

RC Qualifier
    Is it a new truck? Whoever (or whatever) assembled it obviously overtorqued the Hdwr. That sucks. And your right the fine thread sucks in situations like this.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    I wonder why they use such a fine thread... something like a plastic thread would be stronger you would think.

Quote Originally Posted by FyreRC View Post
    You can always just replace the link's ball joints... I isn't that hard, just getting the joint the stay straight is a challenge
    Stock do not have these.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by photon_trap View Post
    Is it a new truck? Whoever (or whatever) assembled it obviously overtorqued the Hdwr. That sucks. And your right the fine thread sucks in situations like this.
    Yep new to a point aug 12 but first time i pulled those perticular screws they had blue loctite on them and little round black threads attachhed lol so i think your right the factory
    Strripped them and thrn fixed them at least the did try to repair them.
    For now i have them locked in place...

RC Qualifier
    My kid's KB came with two MISSING pivot ball retainers and three more had broken off clips !
    Merry X-mas, you are not alone

RC Racer
    The pain of many lol mine also had the dreaded esc cut out problem traxxas replaced it with a lab testd one and i have to say i have broke nothing but im on nimh and learned long ago how
    To land all in all im very happy with this truck.

RC Qualifier
    Ha! the summit I purchased month earlier had the ESC problem too, same lab use replacement and it only took 2 1/2 weeks....
    I'd be a LOT happier had these worked as intended OUT OF THE BOX ! Two in a row! The Slash my kid got a year earlier NEVER had a problem and he beat it HARD (on NmH)