RC poster

Light Flashes Green and Red????

I have had my summit for a few days now and it seems that every time I turn it on their is a issue?? Now, the light is flashing red and green and lights and on, steering works and some buzzing sound but it dont move?? Please help thanks!

RC Racer
    Do you use NIMH batteries now? 8,4
    And you have the lipo cutoff switched on.

It could be the overvoltage protection that kicks in.

Try to connect only one battery and disable lipo cuff off

RC poster
    Yes I am running the NIMH batteries and I did disconnect one and it worked thanks! I need some better batts these things suck and last maybe 8 min. Can anybody make a recommendation for a good set as a fair price along with a charger?? Do I have to mod the summit to except Lipo Batts??

RC Racer
    never mind, they didnt like the url i posted.
    Last edited by rvenes; 01-06-2013 at 07:00 PM. Reason: didn't like ********* links...

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Are you sure you are running it with LVD off?
    The light should be red when you go to run the ESC.

I have cheap-o 7600's and constantly worry about them. I read too much about sudden failures taking out expensive equipment. If I were to do it all over again, I would get SPC's biggest packs hands down.

As for a charger... for these monster capacities, I suggest a 10amp charger a minimum. 20 amps is even better.
    The iCharger 106 and 206 are great chargers... more bang for the buck than most; Revolectrix also makes great chargers. Yes, good high power chargers require a power supply. There are sources for these supplies that are very reasonable... you don't need an expensive $100+ supply to feed a charger. If you want to charge more than one LiPo at a time, I suggest a ParaBoard.
    Whatever you decide, be sure to do your research. Cheap is not always cheap in the long run.
    Last edited by Jimmie Neutron; 01-06-2013 at 08:25 PM.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.