RC poster

xo-1 temperature

hello guys am new to the xo-1 and its fancy transmitter with the iphone dock, i was wondering could some one tell me what the temperature reading on the iphone display should be before it needs cooling down.
    I use the xo-1 in small places and i am forever panicking about the temp. could some one please help me an advise me please thank you

RC Racer
    I like to play on the safe side and this is just me but I never let my temp go pass 120. I'm not sure what the safe zone is but I'm sure other drivers here go way pass that. BTW welcome to the forum

RC poster
    fart of doom thank you for your reply i have been panicking when it was exceeding 100 but was still giving it throttle to about 110 and then cooling for 5 miniutes but if any one else can shed any light on the subject i would be very grateful. thankyou

RC Champion
    The general concensus has been to keep the motor (any BL motor) below 180. I don't even bother with a cool down unless I'm at 160 or so, there's really no need. The magnet isn't going to demagnatize at such low temps like 100-120.

RC Racer
    wow... my motor's running pretty cool. I seriously need to post up a vid of my low motor temp

RC Racer
    I don't normally let my motor get above 130. And now that I have one of FartofDoom's heat sinks I don't even bother thinking about letting my car cool down.

RC Qualifier
    Believe it or not, I actually ran one to about 235 on more than one occassion and it still works fine to this day.
    The Annihilator....fastest XO-1 on planet Earth.

RC Racer
    Better watch it man you're gonna get this thread shut down. Man your nothing but bad news. My Mom always warned me of people like you. I guess she knew what she was talking about after all !!! LOL !!!

RC Qualifier
    During the summer I would run it till it went into thermal shutoff . never had a problem with it and I was beatin on it all summer , on the street and track
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

RC Qualifier
    Just installed heat sink and fan setup. Fartofdoom really hooked me up. Just took my xo to LHS to solder my set up... Can't wait to run it FAST... Hope I don't crash first time out...

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by XO-1 MD View Post
    Just installed heat sink and fan setup. Fartofdoom really hooked me up. Just took my xo to LHS to solder my set up... Can't wait to run it FAST... Hope I don't crash first time out...
    looking forward to see your XO-1 in action John
    Last edited by FartOfDoom; 01-10-2013 at 12:15 AM.

RC Qualifier
    I made a shroud from plastic that keeps the incoming air from naca duct close to motor. Same principle as real air cooled motors. It gives a 10-15 degree cooler temp at end of run. If the outside air temp is 75, my motor temp will be around 125 without the shroud and around 112 with it. Even without it I've never heated up anywhere near the danger point but cooler is always better. I run my car at sustained speed so it works well. Bashing in low gear up and down the streets would benefit most by installing a motor fan.
    XO-1, Roadrunner Slash