Hybrid View

RC Enthusiast

looking for a new charger possibly

Ok i bought a stampede and it came with a vision peak 2 charger. It sometimes will flash al three of the yellow led's that identify what amp you are charging at. I have it set at the proper cell selection and im not sure it is trully is charging my batteries to there full potential. Im charging 8.4v 7cell NiMh 3000mah batteries. I have noticed that even when battery has chargered to the point the charger indicates full charge then remove and hook back up it will indicate a not full charge and recharge for 10min. I am wondering if i should replace with a traxxas ez peak. I dont need a super fancy chager just one that chargers some what fast and is stright forward.

RC Qualifier
    I have the EZ peak for my NiMh batteries and it works great! I have about 200 charges on it and it is super fast!It gets petty warm if you keep adding batteries for it to charge after the one before it finishes but it still works great! I love mine, you should get one!
    SUMMIT |MERV * FIVE-T * REVO-E| T- MAXX-E

I just got the EZ Peak plus two days ago, and I really like it! Any Traxxas EZ Peak, either the normal one or the Plus are both great choices. The EZ Peak Plus can do lipo too though...
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

Traxxas ez peak plus great warranty service on it and has a semi decent charge rate if you stay under 5000 mah on a battery so it doesn't take longer than 1 hr to charge
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by shawn3putt View Post
    Ok i bought a stampede and it came with a vision peak 2 charger. It sometimes will flash al three of the yellow led's that identify what amp you are charging at. I have it set at the proper cell selection and im not sure it is trully is charging my batteries to there full potential. Im charging 8.4v 7cell NiMh 3000mah batteries. I have noticed that even when battery has chargered to the point the charger indicates full charge then remove and hook back up it will indicate a not full charge and recharge for 10min. I am wondering if i should replace with a traxxas ez peak. I dont need a super fancy chager just one that chargers some what fast and is stright forward.
    charger indicates full charge then remove and hook back up it will indicate a not full charge and recharge for 10min. I've had this happen with a different charger and was told this is normal . So I don't think it your charger . JMO once the Minh is disconnected from the charger it start loosing its charge .
    1 Rusty VXL