Thread: I've got mine!

RC Enthusiast

I've got mine!

And I'm ready to bash. I have a few minor upgrades that I want to do to it, and then I'm going to drive it.

Personal opinion so far: it's very good, but with a few better parts it could have been great!

Full review to come!

Duane

Nice! Looking forward to seeing the review, with PLENTY of pictures, right?
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Qualifier
    You got one awesome!! Which upgrades you goin with?? Yes pics pls

RC Enthusiast
    Going to do a few simple upgrades. Some suspension tuning with different springs, a resonator tuned pipe, a Davis con rod, and some other simple things. It's going out and getting broken in on Weds, since the south-cen PA weather will be approaching 50 degrees, and it's gonna be close to 60 this weekend so I should get to run it a bit.

One other thing I'm going to do, even though they aren't the right size, is to put nerf bars on it. The pipe exit is lower than the chassis and it's very unprotected from bottoming out. A nerf bar will protect it a bit, and one on the other side might help save the body a bit in rollovers.

I got the Rob Mac edition, and it is stunning. I'm making a set of mudflaps and putting a rear number plate just to add a bit more realism.

Pics, a review, and possibly vids will soon be forthcoming.

Pics, a review, and possibly vids will soon be forthcoming
    Looking forward to seeing the first review!

RC Racer
    We need some pictures of the nitro slash

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy42069 View Post
    The last three posts of yours in this section have been negative. It obviously is not for you so don't buy it. Your opinion is valid and there's going to be someone who poo-poos a Traxxas release. If you don't have anything constructive to say about the vehicle then move on.
    The Super Derecho

Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    The last three posts of yours in this section have been negative. It obviously is not for you so don't buy it. Your opinion is valid and there's going to be someone who poo-poos a Traxxas release. If you don't have anything constructive to say about the vehicle then move on.
    True true can't agree more.
    I for one can't wait to see a good vid and even a small review of the new slash and how well it handles out
    DEU 8:18 ESV

Still waiting for the review and pictures....

RC Qualifier
    still waiting....................

Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    I've actually deleted it because bigdadd42069 is trying to bump up his post count.. And this post has nothing but an emoticon anyways...
    Robin Williams
    He will be greatly missed...

RC poster
    I got my slash today and I did the first tank break in part (Can't wait to finish the break in part)

RC Qualifier
    pics please

RC poster

RC Qualifier
    still waiting............

RC Enthusiast
    I'm waiting for weather over 40 degrees and no rain. I can post some pics, but south-central PA weather hasn't been cooperating for break-in or running just yet.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxximvs View Post
    Going to do a few simple upgrades. Some suspension tuning with different springs, a resonator tuned pipe, a Davis con rod, and some other simple things. It's going out and getting broken in on Weds, since the south-cen PA weather will be approaching 50 degrees, and it's gonna be close to 60 this weekend so I should get to run it a bit.

One other thing I'm going to do, even though they aren't the right size, is to put nerf bars on it. The pipe exit is lower than the chassis and it's very unprotected from bottoming out. A nerf bar will protect it a bit, and one on the other side might help save the body a bit in rollovers.

I got the Rob Mac edition, and it is stunning. I'm making a set of mudflaps and putting a rear number plate just to add a bit more realism.

Pics, a review, and possibly vids will soon be forthcoming.
    Great idea on the nerf bars, I think I'm going to fabricate something for mine as well...

RC Enthusiast
    I'll post pics when I'm on my computer, but I put nerf bars from an electric Slash on this one. I just installed them upside down so that the didnt drag and interfere with the ground clearance. They still aren't as wide as they need to be to protect the body, but the pipe and the throttle servo now have a bit of extra protection. It was a simple mod. I only had to drill 4 holes, and where I have them mounted I didn't have to remove anything else to drill.

RC poster
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

RC Champion
    that looks pretty cool, did you lift the body in the front?

could you post some pics of what it looks like under the hood. this car looks better than i thought it would
    With great brushless comes great responsibility.