RC Competitor

Wheels for jumbo kongs

Does anyone know what wheel I can use for a set of jumbo kongs on my summit. I like to use these tires for the winter in the snow. They seem to stay on top really well. I have always used them on my emaxx in the winter but now I want to put them on my summit but it has the bigger 17mm hex. Thanks.
    NOTErized!

Clod monster beadlocks

https://store.rc4wd.com/mobile/product.asp?itemid=158

The stock imex wheels (12mm)

What I used where maximizer plastic beadlocks and screwed the screws in extra deep. Maximizer come in 17mm hex as opposed to the stock imex 12mm hex.

Keep in mind that jumbo kongs have the old styyle emaxx mt inner diameter (3.2) fillow up on other old style emaxx "mt" rims but stick with 17mm. Jumbo kongs are heavy and the stock 12mm strip easily.
    MAN, Use Common Sense
    Funky Gecko, SumVee HDE

Clod monster beadlocks

https://store.rc4wd.com/mobile/product.asp?itemid=158

The stock imex wheels (12mm)

What I used where maximizer plastic beadlocks and screwed the screws in extra deep. Maximizer come in 17mm hex as opposed to the stock imex 12mm hex.

Keep in mind that jumbo kongs have the old styyle emaxx mt inner diameter (3.2) fillow up on other old style emaxx "mt" rims but stick with 17mm. Jumbo kongs are heavy and the stock 12mm strip easily.
    MAN, Use Common Sense
    Funky Gecko, SumVee HDE

RC Competitor
    170 Is more than I want to spend. Just want some plastic ones, I don't even care if they're bead locks. So are you saying that wheels from an older Maxx will work? I think I'd need more offset than that. And yeah, they have to be 17mm.

NOTErized!

RC Competitor
    Could someone please post a link for a plastic set of wheels that will work with my jumbo kongs and fit on my summit with the 17mm hex? I am having a hard time finding a set. Bead locks or non Bead locks, I don't really care. They are just for deep snow. Thanks.

NOTErized!

Do we really need to spoon feed ya?
    Maximizer beadlocks.

http://www.maximizerproducts.com/mod...ocks_C3745.cfm

The jumbos are wider than the maximizer rim so when you put them on you will have to squeeze the two sides of the rim together for the screws to seat properly

MAN, Use Common Sense
    Funky Gecko, SumVee HDE

The come in other styles and offsets also but I know for certain then do fit. Yes I know those are not kongs in the photo but they will fit.
    Last edited by noir 522; 01-08-2013 at 01:56 AM.
    MAN, Use Common Sense
    Funky Gecko, SumVee HDE

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmaxxed View Post
    Does anyone know what wheel I can use for a set of jumbo kongs on my summit. I like to use these tires for the winter in the snow. They seem to stay on top really well. I have always used them on my emaxx in the winter but now I want to put them on my summit but it has the bigger 17mm hex. Thanks.
    NOTErized!
    Ebay is probably your best bet.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Imex-17mm-Sa...-/390448527308

I have the Jumbo Diamond wheels, similar to these. Rim dimensions are 3 1/2 inch diameter, 4 inches wide.
    I'm guessing your Jumbo kongs are the same dimensions?
    Last edited by NitroTrout; 01-08-2013 at 03:28 AM.
    Bash, Crash, Upgrade, Repeat..

RC Competitor
    [QUOTE=noir 522;5380946]Do we really need to spoon feed ya?
    Yes, and thank you.

NOTErized!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroTrout View Post
    Ebay is probably your best bet.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Imex-17mm-Sa...-/390448527308

I have the Jumbo Diamond wheels, similar to these. Rim dimensions are 3 1/2 inch diameter, 4 inches wide.
    I'm guessing your Jumbo kongs are the same dimensions?
    Yeah those would work to. Thanks everyone.

NOTErized!

the good thing about the imex wheel is that the fit is so tight you may not have to glue them. I (my son) ran them in an erbe (1/2 speed) without glue and they did well , untill the 12mm hex stripped.
    MAN, Use Common Sense
    Funky Gecko, SumVee HDE

RC Competitor
    The jumbo kongs are not glued on the rims I have now so that's a plus. I found some black Imex jumbo wheels just like the ones I have on ebay. Except they're 17mm of course. I'm gonna go with those. Thanks all.

NOTErized!