RC Racer

Rally Offroad and Drift Tires

What are some good offroading and drift tires that would suit and fit under the stock rally body?

Thanks

RC Enthusiast
    I run the stock mini slash tires on my rally and they hook up really well on the pavement in the gravel and in short grass. As far as drift tires that arent hard like pvc pipe the stock slicks that came with my hubbys ken block rally seem to do pretty good but you can go on ebay and find drift specific wheel and tire combos. My hubby uses the ones that are the hard plastic tires for drifting and the slash wheels and tires for off road. Hope this may help a lil bit as I am fairly new to all this myself

RC Racer
    thanks for the info, I might look into the slash tires and some drift tires

RC Enthusiast
    I've also got mini slash tires with mine. Look at the hpi t-drift tires. Heard lots of good things about them.

RC Racer
    What do you have the mini slash tires mounted on? just the stock rims the come with?
    Last time I looked at HPI T-Drift tires there were lots of different choices, so im not quite sure of which to go with.

RC Enthusiast
    Here is a set i havent ran them on dirt but on pavement they worked well. They are both HPI.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by phsycophantsy View Post
    What do you have the mini slash tires mounted on? just the stock rims the come with?
    Last time I looked at HPI T-Drift tires there were lots of different choices, so im not quite sure of which to go with.
    They're mounted on stock mini slash wheels. Not the best looking but they get the job done till I get new wheels.

RC Enthusiast
    do you have part numbers for the hpi tires and wheels?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

RC poster
    Off road: Tamiya Rally Block Tire Item #50476

I use these mounted on original white traxxas rally rims with home made super soft inserts. They have a soft compound and work magic on all surfaces including snow! (Canada) Note: Their diameter is bigger than stock tires so I only use them with the 26T pinion (stock installed) I had to trim the bumper foam a bit and raised the body by 2 holes

Last edited by Madpco; 01-23-2013 at 08:33 AM.

RC Qualifier
    I'm using these for off-road. They are both HPI. The tires are a soft compound & grip well on dirt & hard surfaces.
    Cheers!
    AB

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by aburg2; 01-28-2013 at 11:27 AM.
    I'll try anything once, maybe twice!