RC Qualifier

My New Summit!!! :)

Hello Guys!!! I am proud to announce, that I am now a Summit Owner!!! I am so thrilled to have this thing, and let me tell you, it has blown my mind! Not the fact of how awesome the body is, but the size of this thing is MASSIVE!!! I have already broken in the motor and put about 4 battery packs through it, and I have yet to be disappointed with this Summit. Breaking in the motor was so much easier than I thought it would be too. I have run it a little outside, probably half of the first two packs cause of the motor break in, and then the other 2, and let me tell you, it was so worth the money. I know you guys said to go easy on it, and I think I have been. I have played around with the high low transmission and the diffs outside on my curb, and this thing crawls up it like a beast! It even crawled over a fallen tree that was laying on the ground too. And, just so I will be able to get a First Person View next time I drive it, I mounted my new GoPro on it for video. Here are some picks:
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

RC Qualifier
    Congrats on ya summit!
    Awesome colour to...
    If the summit can go through; its not deep enough

RC Qualifier
    Thanks, and ya. Green is one of my favorite colors too. I like how you could change the colors if you wanted to too.
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

Congrats!!!!!welcome to the fun.if you have some harder terrain take it there and it will really surprise you.

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    I already have a couple places in mind.
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

RC Competitor
    Congratulations Jacob! Welcome to the summit owners place It's really an awesome truck!
    Summit, dewalt 12v, 18/68 gear, T-bone skids

RC Racer
    Awesome dude!

Now save up your money and buy some lipo's and a charger. If you are impressed now just wait till you so the power/longevity of lipo's.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

RC Racer
    Congrats on the Summit!, same colour etc as mine . You should check out the Proline wheels and tires for it some time as well. The lipos are awesome on this, and yes when you first see the 1:10, it's size makes one giddy! hehe.

Have fun!
    PHOENIX Bandit,Summit,Funny Car,Darkrayne Rustler

RC Qualifier
    I actually have the summit sitting on my desk next to my 1/10 2wd Brushless Slash. The size difference is Amazing! I know I got it last night, but I am gonna try and convince my dad in the next 2 weeks to let be buy the TBone Skids for it. I also want to get Lipos in the future, so I think I will see about my birthday in April.
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

RC Racer
    Sounds like a plan !
    PHOENIX Bandit,Summit,Funny Car,Darkrayne Rustler

Congrats on getting you Summit, and welcome to the Summit club!!
    I am so thrilled to have this thing, and let me tell you, it has blown my mind! Not the fact of how awesome the body is, but the size of this thing is MASSIVE!!!
    Yep, no joke. Everyone that gets a Summit (Even me) is surprised at just how big it really is. Pictures don't do the size any justice.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Qualifier
    Ya. I have a couple questions for you guys. The servo for the gears makes a humming sound when I put it into high gear, is that bad? Is is also normal for the diffs to take a second to click in? Oh, and is it normal that you have to slow down or stop to get the transmission switch to kick in? I am reading the manual right now too because I just skimmed through the important stuff last night ti get it set up correctly.
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

RC Qualifier
    Servo shouldn't hum. Not sure how to fix it though. The diffs should take a second to click in. Yes, you should stop to change from low to high and vise versa. If you don't you could strip the gears. I switch on the fly but its not good for it and I have metal tranny gears in mine!
    SUMMIT |MERV * FIVE-T * REVO-E| T- MAXX-E

RC Champion
    Yeah you can't switch gears when you are still because it won't engage. You need to either be moving very slowly, or if you've switched it when you are still, THEN move slowly to allow it to engage, then give it gas. Never switch gears when you are driving fast, and never "floor" it after you've switched until you are sure it has engaged!

Congrats on the buy, have fun!

Remember those tiny servos are made of even tinier plastic, if you try to tighten them you REALLY risk the chance of breaking a plastic gear (they sell replacements for $2-5 at LHS usually) so be very careful when you play with the tiny servos =)

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by krallopian View Post
    Yeah you can't switch gears when you are still because it won't engage. You need to either be moving very slowly, or if you've switched it when you are still, THEN move slowly to allow it to engage, then give it gas. Never switch gears when you are driving fast, and never "floor" it after you've switched until you are sure it has engaged!

Congrats on the buy, have fun!

Remember those tiny servos are made of even tinier plastic, if you try to tighten them you REALLY risk the chance of breaking a plastic gear (they sell replacements for $2-5 at LHS usually) so be very careful when you play with the tiny servos =)
    Couldn't emphasize that enough, whatever you do, don't go wrenching down on them because they are extremely easy to strip, you could probably strip it with you bare thumb and index finger if your not careful! I almost stripped mine the other day tightening down the screws, good thing I heard a gear slip otherwise I would have been torquing those things down like a mad man! Have fun, get out in the mud and dirt (or in my case, snow) and have some fun!

RC Qualifier
    Took it on the river bank a little while ago. Gonna convince my dad to let me buy skids cause it dont look new under the chassis any more. hahaha
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

RC poster
    They don't look new for long do they? Sounds like you have some good places to run.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Chandler View Post
    Took it on the river bank a little while ago. Gonna convince my dad to let me buy skids cause it dont look new under the chassis any more. hahaha
    No, they wont last long. My underside looks awful! All apart of the fun though!

RC Qualifier
    Ya. Only a few scratches, but I don't want it to look too bad. I am just concerned my dad wont let me buy them. I guess I will find out if I can in a little bit.
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

RC Qualifier
    Ya. Only a few scratches, but I don't want it to look too bad. I am just concerned my dad wont let me buy them. I guess I will find out if I can in a little bit.
    Easiest thing to do, buy them yourself! Then you wont feel as bad if you mess them up!

RC Qualifier
    I will buy them myself, but I don't know if he will let me spend any more. Lol
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

RC Qualifier
    I will buy them myself, but I don't know if he will let me spend any more. Lol
    Yeah understood. Just bought a 600 dollar truck, don't want to spend more already! Good luck convincing him!

RC Qualifier
    Are you still deciding on a lipo charger and lipo?
    I guess you'll have to decide which you want more before asking of you haven't ordered the lipo package

RC Qualifier
    I now have a total of 5 NiMH batteries, because I had 3 and 2 came with the Summit, and a pretty good charger. They batts last like 30 minutes so they are fine for now. I think I am gonna get the skids so I dont beat up the underside more. I will get lipo when I make more money!
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

RC Champion
    maybe you could sell all the nimh batts to help pay for some lipos, if your nimh batts are in good condition.
    With great brushless comes great responsibility.

RC Competitor
    Congrats on your new summit! My wife got me same one for xmas. It is an awesome truck.

RC Qualifier
    It is an awesome truck I agree. I might sell the batts and charger, but I don't know. Why spend the money if what I have works? Eventually I will get the new batteries, but right now they work, so all is well.
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

RC Qualifier
    If your gonna sell them, LMK! I only get about 5 minutes run time out of mine! Same ones from when I got it 2 years ago! Got to have about 500 runs on them!

RC Qualifier
    What does LMK mean?
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

What does LMK mean?
    Let Me Know
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    Oh. Hahaha You might be receiving and email in a week or so then. All I have to do is make some dough. I have $500 cash saved up, but that is my reserve. Well, who knows. I might be buying Lipos if I can convince my dad. I am gonna get 2 2s 8200 Mah Lipos for my Summit, but would the fit in a Traxxas Slash too?
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

RC Competitor
    Congrates. I just got mine as well & I love it I had to go with red body, but purchased green body & green bead locks & have switched them out.
    Don't take it out unless your going to use it.

RC Qualifier
    Wy? Red is the best color!

Wy? Red is the best color!
    Ha! I almost belived you were serious!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    Ha! I almost belived you were serious!
    Lol yeah! I'm kinda serious

RC Qualifier
    Everyone has there favorite color. Lol I think I should make my Summit Neon Orange. Then I could take it hunting with me!!! Lol JK That would be a cool color though.
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

RC Qualifier
    This is Scary. With the price of buying my Summit, New Batteries, Charger, Skids, and a Motor Shroud, I will in all together have spent over $1000 dollars on my Summit. That is crazy too cause I am only 14! I think I need to go get a better job this summer cause I don't have much dough left. The life of an RC-er has been fulfilled. Lol
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

RC Qualifier
    Everyone has there favorite color. Lol I think I should make my Summit Neon Orange. Then I could take it hunting with me!!! Lol JK That would be a cool color though.
    Lol. Forget the hunter blaze orange and go with Chevy orange. Haha. J/k.

_______^_
    /______l__\____
    l_l O l_____l O l

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Keila72 View Post
    Lol. Forget the hunter blaze orange and go with Chevy orange. Haha. J/k.

That is sick!!

RC Qualifier
    It is!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit