Thread: Dr-1 or Qr-1???

RC Qualifier

Dr-1 or Qr-1???

Well I'm interested in these little things lol but I can't decide
    Can you guys help me pick between the two personal opinions and could you guys tell me more about them?? Also pros and cons
    Thanks John

RC Competitor
    Dr-1 seems to be more of a beginner type unit and would seem to have noticeably less performance capabilities than the quadrotor. Just MHO since I only own a quad and have never had a dual rotor copter. Just what I've read. The quad is not really that hard to get the hang of, just takes a little patience and gradually learning to move the unit around once you set up and calibrate correctly.

RC Qualifier
    Anyone else???

traxxas emaxx
    i have the qr-1 and love it!!!! its so tiny and fun.

RC Qualifier
    Honestly I've really really enjoyed the QR-1. To me, it offers more options and adventures. I love being able to control it so easily and land it on my hand. Yes in the beginning I was a bit worried that it was the wrong purchase. But right before I had a motor problem, I was really starting to get the hang of it. I was able to control it and I was starting figure 8's and starting to feel like I was controlling it smoothly and with ease. Not crazy and out of control like I started. My two sense is that the QR-1 offers more fun than the DR-1.

RC Racer
    I went and got a qr1 and since I have zero flying experience I jacked it up promptly. So I went back the next day and got a Dr1. I'm finding it easier to fly but am in no way giving up on the qr1. That thing looks so cool. If it wasn't for the fact that parts arent available yet I would have just replaced the motor that I broke. I had the flying itch and needed to scratch it. Both are cool. I know that if I didn't break it promptly I would have been zipping around in no time. I think the qr1 is a better buy. You get the dual charger and 2 batteries and it just looks cool. Just don't panic 15 feet in the air and crash it onto hard flooring because there aren't any parts available yet.

Actually I popped a rotor stabilizer off the dr1 also but took one off my younger bro's copter. It just happened to fit. It was like a toys r us heli or something like that. Pretty funny huh?
    Rustler + Lipo + Dirt = FUN!