RC poster

Revo forward to reverse

Having trouble finding the problem on a revo 3.3 nitro model. I was running fine and then after a few roll overs it doesn't want to switch from forward to reverse without driving in the opposite direction first then it slams into gear. This happens in both directions. I've pulled the tranny and everything looks new inside, shifter linkage looks good also. Tuning seems to be good, shifts great from 1st to 2nd and idles well. It does try to take off as soon as you try and crank it though. Any help is appreciate

I'll admit that I've never run reverse on my nitros and the general consensus is that it is more of a pain than not. You could drop the Opti-drive and see if it helps or just go with a forward-only conversion.

Secondly, check your clutch as the spring or shoe could be broken causing the clutch shoe(s) to stay engaged with the bell.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    Just get rid of the opti-drive, i took mine out the day I got the truck! Huge pain in the behind!
    SUMMIT |MERV * FIVE-T * REVO-E| T- MAXX-E

RC Enthusiast
    mine was wanting to take off as soon as it cranks and ended up being the clutch spring

RC poster
    Thanks guys for the comments and suggestions. I pulled the clutch and there it was the spring was broke on the tip. Got it replaced and it works like new. Thanks again