RC Qualifier

Estart VS Pull-start

what is the real difference between the electric start and the pullstart? is there any difference at all? does it really make a difference in weight when you remove the electric start?
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Qualifier
    It doesn't make a noticeable difference in weight imo. I like the using a pull-start because it's one last thing to carry. It really depends on how good your are at tuning your engine. If you not good at it using a pull-start could be a real problem for you. If I'm breaking in a new or rebuilt engine I still use the ez-start.
    Jato 3.3, Revo .28 JL Max, Nitro Stampede 3.3

RC Qualifier
    i dont mind carrying the starter around lol, i was just wondering if there was a noticable difference. thanks jersey jato. have you every had any real problems with your jato?
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

I personally like the ez start over the pull start i thought i would like the pull start instead of carrying the wand around was nice but i found it a pain the pull start. I had my truck tuned just right no problems at all with the ez start but when i stuck the pull start on it was down hill since i think thats what got me thinking of selling my nitro but not get out completly though just temporary.
    If you want mind the ez start and its working good for you then keep it why spend extra cash on a pull start. Get a longer running higher MAH 7.2v nimh for the wand like a 3000 or even a 5000mah pack for the wand to ensure it lasts during a whole run out or even a couple days incase your not home and on vacation some where i've done it before and works and comes in hand Big time.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by davyjones'_fleet View Post
    i dont mind carrying the starter around lol, i was just wondering if there was a noticeable difference. thanks jersey jato. have you every had any real problems with your jato?
    I've had all kind of problems with my Jato! Crashing at 60+ mph will do that lol. When I first started in nitro pull-start would of been a problem for me, but now my engines usually start with in a couple of pulls.
    Jato 3.3, Revo .28 JL Max, Nitro Stampede 3.3

RC Qualifier
    im still kind of new to the tuning part, i cant get my jato to wheelie at all, i usually get it started and get warmed up and just adjust the throttle, not quite sure on how to tune it yet...
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Racer
    ez start is nice....I like it....but for an all out dragster/race vehicle try the pull start...it cant go slower by dropping the weight!
    http://www.facebook.com/RCDrags

RC Qualifier
    I've used both on the traxxas trucks and once it is broke in an tuned the pull starts are very easy. On my HPI buggy the compression on the motor is so tight i got blisters using pull start for almost a month. Now after a year of breaking and warming motor up with some heat it will start on 3 or 4 pulls. I like less wires and less weight. Easier to clean and maintain too.
    --
    Nitro-J-Rod

RC Competitor
    Ive noticed a big difference ez-Start is easier glow plug last longer and much more easy to start pull start has to much
    compresion.
    Thanks
    Traxxas-WRX

I like Roto-Start.
    Slash PE & Ja-two.