RC Enthusiast

Slayer tire setup

Has anyone ran a 17mm hex setup with like revo rims and tires etc on a slayer pro and had any clearance Issues

Unless you lock the arms to be level and stay that way, the Revo rims are deep and will hit the arms.
    The Super Derecho

RC Enthusiast
    thanks. what about any other rim like the t-maxx or am i gonna have to get like revo arms to widen everything.

RC Racer
    Get 17mm hex and use 1/8 scale buggy wheels and tires. T-maxx or Revo wheels are too deep and will hit the A-arms.

RC Enthusiast
    i went to a 12mm hex and got the losi rims and zombie tires for it. almost as wide as stock revo/tmaxx tires. looks awesome and drastically improved handling. almost impossible to flip unless ur really trying too.

RC Racer
    Get 17mm hex and use 1/8 scale buggy wheels and tires. T-maxx or Revo wheels are too deep and will hit the A-arms.

RC poster
    I have Revo wheels equipped for snow at the moment. Not much problem for A arms but really damages the body. Tried to get shocks stiffer but that ruinned handling very very badly. Because Revo wheels are too deep I had to use washers between hex and wheels for extension(very sloppy movement but actually worked). Also it makes the engine go off when idle(I hope it's wheel's fault). I'm now messing with mid sized 110mm MT wheels to get the optimum efficiency.
    Last edited by Sabunstar; 01-18-2013 at 08:37 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    losi 320's with zombie max tires best mod ive made and it just blts on no extra parts to buy clears body and everything