RC poster

Stop 1/16 rally from flipping?!?!?!

Im pretty new to rc but recently got a 1/16 rally vxl and it is almost impossible to keep it from rolling. Was wondering if anyone else has had similar problems or if there is anyway to fix this. I only drive the car on street, and i bought it used with a bunch of hop ups. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Slow down?
    lol

Sway bars might help... tweaking the toe and camber will help.
    I have seen a few owners switch out to Revo shafts, rods, and arms... widening it out.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Champion
    Take some preload out of your shocks to loosen up the suspension so it leans instead of flipping... or tighten it up so it slides instead of rolling but that will only work on smooth ground with hard tires like the stock ones. What are the hop ups? Anything heavy up high?

Sent from my iPad mini
    To the men and women of the US military, thank you

RC Qualifier
    Had this problem with my MERV when adding 80 wt shock oil on my new GTR shocks. Just turn down the preload until it doesn't do that anymore! Worked for me because I could even drive mine without flipping when 80 wt was added!
    SUMMIT |MERV * FIVE-T * REVO-E| T- MAXX-E

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    What tires are you running? Are they stock or are they an upgraded tire? If they are a stickyer, softer rubber tire they do cause more traction rolling than the stock drift style tires. The best way to avoid flipping is to slow down when cornering. Faster is not always "faster".
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    Hey, cornering at full speed is sweet if your vehicle can do it! Mine can now, but I couldn't before! Like some signs around my city say, slow down, save a life!

RC Qualifier
    Agree with TraxxasTuesdays....depending on which type of tires you are running will go hand in hand with preload. When I 1st slap'd the hpi super radials on mine, it would roll everytime I turn'd.....soften up the preload and it was like night and day!!!!! And WELCOME to this awesome forum!!!!!
    rc10T3, TT Sparrowhawk XXB, Slash 4x4, 1/16 Rally

RC poster
    Thanks for all the quick responses, fastest forum ive ever been on. The tires on in say tamiya type b? Has integy motor heat sink, aluminum adjustable shocks with original springs, integy front and rear skid plate,aluminum/carbonsteering servo gaurds, aluminum push rods front and rear, aluminum integy receiver cover, and upgraded hitech mg steering servo, i also got it with 2 lipos and original nimh battery for 150.With that said would anyone recommend new tires or anything? To be honest im not exactly sure as to how to adjust the preload since i am a newbie at it.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    There should be threaded rings on the shocks. Twisting those is adjusting the preload.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    Turn the black things being pointed at in the picture

RC poster
    Haha ok thanks simple enough. With those tire would you suggest lowering the preload or tighten them up?

RC Qualifier
    Lowering it, then you won't be flipping and stuff

RC Enthusiast
    Good stuff. Gonna lower mine today. Thanks for the help.