Thread: Motor Break IN

RC Qualifier

Motor Break IN

I have 2 questions. 1: When I put the motor on trim to break it in, do I use both batteries. 2: How long should I wait to run it after I break in the motor? Thanks, Jacob Chandler
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

RC Qualifier
    Just Use one battery and run it For 10-15 min or the hole pack its up to You and the Second after dry it and then lube it and spin the shaft with your fingers!! and that should do the trick! hope this helps

RC Qualifier
    Thanks. I am doing a non water break in though. Still use one battery?
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    How can you use one battery?? It takes two to turn on the ESC!!

You have 3 threads on this subject now...

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...itan-775-Motor
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...mmit-Questions
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    Sorry. usually though if I repost in a thread I already started, no one will reply. I will make sure not to have so many though. Sorry Jimmie
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

RC Qualifier
    if you use the 'search' function you'll find most any question you could have has already been discussed at length. i searched 'titan break in' and found 6 pages of threads, several of which had the words titan 775 motor break in as the title.

no harsh feelings, but people can only answer the same question so many times. i remember waiting for my summit to arrive and we can't wait to hear your reaction when you finally get it.

RC Qualifier
    there are also video's that you can watch online that show you how to do water and non-water break in and show you where to lube afterwards also if your not totally sure. i believe ultimaterc has a video on that.
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Qualifier
    Ok. Since I have one more question that I haven't asked yet, could you guys please help me??? When I spray the brushed motor cleaner into the motor to get all of the loose carbon particles out, I should spray it until it drips out of the motor clear right? I will also make sure not to get any bushing oil inside the motor either when I lube the bushings. Also, what is the commutator and should it be lubed or not, cause it a video it said his oil was good for the commutator.
    Last edited by Jacob Chandler; 01-03-2013 at 10:57 PM.
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

RC Qualifier
    I clean my motor in the garage over a few paper towels and spray until the cleaner coming out is clear.

I wouldn't oil the commutator, it relates to what Jimmie said about keeping oil off the brushes, see the simple illustration.

Sent from my iPhone using autocorrect

RC Qualifier
    Ok. Thanks so much. Only a couple hours now and my New Summit should be arriving at my front door!!!!!!!!!
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit