Thread: My next truck??

RC Competitor

Question My next truck??

Hello all, I currently own a jato and am loving it. I am getting my next truck soon and I was wanting some input. I am trying to make up my mind between the Revo 3.3 or the brushless E-Revo. I really enjoy my nitro and I kinda have this thing about electric but elec is easier right and more portable? Can i race either one? Any comments would be helpful.

Thanks all

RC Competitor
    its all on what u like. i prefer nitro. i hate waiting for batteries to charge. i dont see why u cant race either one. me personally im in love with anything with a motor in it. i prefer the tinkering an tuning were some people dont like that or have a hard time grasping the tuning. i think either one is cool. just what u like is what matters
    revo 3.3 tmaxx 3.3 ofna hyper 7

Electric is more powerful and much less messy. The start-up cost is high for electric (decent batteries and charger) but in the long run nitro will be more expensive. Electric is nice that you can plug and head out and play when you have just a few minutes but you have to prepare by charging the battery(ies) up. It's certainly up to you what you want.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    Honestly, if you have a jato, get an electric. I only own nitro but I find myself borrowing my neighbors electric from time to time because its so easy to flip the switch and go when you get a little free time rather than setting everything up. I miss the sound and smell but I dont miss the clean up and buying $30 a gallon nitro.
    My Revo: OS .18TM, 16/38 gearing, wide ratio 2nd speed, futaba throttle servo, new era shock ends, FOC, Pullstart, P3 rockers, Aluminum Pushrods, Plymouth HEMI Cuda' Shell, LT springs, GTR shocks, did i mention its got a HEMI!! And a wicked fast TRX-1!! (It'll smoke the Team Associated's B4)

RC poster
    The Problem i have with this same debate is, sure eletric is easy and cleaner, but its pretty boring. and once your batteries are flat thats it for the day unless you have some really good lipos you can charge in 15mins with a power supply and a top of the line charger.

nitro however is VERY SIMILAR to eletric when it comes to runtime. sure you can run and run by filling up the tank, but everyone forgets about that little reciever pack goes flat pretty quick too.(these however are only like $17.00 USD so you can pick up some and go all day.)

nitro has the nice smooth feeling and power when you squeeze that trigger , that smoke and sound of 40,000RPM or 666 Strokes per second is priceless.

RC Competitor
    +1 to feeling of power. All some very good food for thought.

RC poster
    good luck
    Revo 3.3 chassis / LRP .28