RC poster

tuning or permanent damage from overheating

just bought my revo 3.3 the other day. broke it in according to the directions. Got to the tuning part and everything went well, until it overheated to the point it shut down and wouldnt start back up. let it cool and replaced the plug, and it fired right up. continuted to tune it, but now when it gets up tp temperature and i stop it to make adjustments, it wont idle. just dies. It will start back up while hot now, but wont hold an idle. Suggestions?

Start back at factory settings and leave the idle gap 0.7-1.0mm open. Could be that it is too small.
    The Super Derecho

X2 DoubleG... factory settings are THE best way to go about fixing any idle problems.
    Learn by doing

RC poster
    Well, thanks to u guys i got the truck tuned it pretty good and it stays running now! I returned my hsn and lsn back to factory and tuned it from there. The only problem im having now is the is the idle issue. It is still running a little high. The directions in the manual are very vague and part of the directions are to trim the throttle on my transmitter(which mine doesnt seem to have, i have the tqi ipod docking transmitter). Then it goes on to tell me to adjust the idle screw(does not show a picture and the manual and i cant seem to find it) if anyone can help me out, it would be much appreciated!

No need for the throttle trim. Idle screw is under/behind the HSN needle.
    With pictures: http://traxxas.com/support/How-Start...ngine%E2%84%A2
    The Super Derecho