Hey guys, nice to meet you all,

I am about to purchase an e-maxx brushless edition (3908) for myself however I am completely new to the hobby and have a lot of questions on which I hope you guys can help me. I am starting off fresh and have no knowledge on these cars and their parts. Yes, I no I can research everything, which I have been doing, however it has become very time consuming and a lot of the threads don't fully answer my questions. I've always wanted the e-maxx and have had several smaller cars when I was younger however I finally have the money to get the big toy.

I hear lot's about how these trucks out of the box are very weak and can't handle a lot of bashing, and a lot of people on this forum recommend getting after market parts, rpm arms? servos? among many others.. However I have no idea what these are so I was wondering if someone could explain these to me. Please feel free to explain other parts of the truck as well.

Also, the batteries that come out of the box only last 10-15 minutes if I am correct and take all night to charge? So whats the best batteries out their that help the truck (1. Last longer (30-45 min battery life), 2. Go faster (it says the truck may go up to 65 mph, however, how do you get it to that speed, are their certain lipo's that can do this? Also do all and any kind of lipo's work on this truck or do other changes need to be made as well to suit the new batteries. What kind of lipo's are the best for this truck?

My last question is that I've noticed that the current edition has been out for some time now. Are their any rumors of a new edition of the e-maxx brushless coming out as it would suck to spend $800-$1000+ on a truck and see a newer edition come out just a few months after.

Thanks for your guys help, as you can tell i'm very new to all of this. If there are already threads/videos out their that answer these questions I would love if people posted them so I can take a look. I look forward to sharing pictures and videos with you all when I get the truck hopefully in a month or so.

Thanks for your guys time, take care.