RC poster

New Traxxas Stampede Owner.

Hey fellow RC'ers.

My Name is Clayton. I live in Alberta, Canada.

I work at bestbuy and recently bought a stampede 4X4 VXL. It's wicked!

Im not mechanical at all, but i have learned a little things about these RC cars.

I just upgraded my shocks to the Big-Bore ones. Still trying to fix the broken plastic that a door caused to my car.

Any suggestions on what to upgrade? It's stock other then the shocks.

Price is not an issue.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by TheClaytonator View Post
    Hey fellow RC'ers.

My Name is Clayton. I live in Alberta, Canada.

I work at bestbuy and recently bought a stampede 4X4 VXL. It's wicked!

Im not mechanical at all, but i have learned a little things about these RC cars.

I just upgraded my shocks to the Big-Bore ones. Still trying to fix the broken plastic that a door caused to my car.

Any suggestions on what to upgrade? It's stock other then the shocks.

Price is not an issue.
    Welcome to the forum man!

In my humble opinion, here are some upgrades that are ideal:
    -->Outwears shroud (Velcro closure that protects the chassis from dirt, sand, grass, etc) or Proline's Overtray (Nice one too)
    -->Jconcepts lowering body mounts (Lowers the lid to make the truck look meaner)
    -->Lipo 3s battery (You will get bored with the 2s lipo pretty soon, so upgrade to a 3s)
    -->Lipo quick charger, onyx, traxxas brand, etc (Takes a while for a battery pack to charge with the stock charger, so invest in a charger that does quick charging)

To make the truck's chassis stronger/beefier:
    -->Aftermarket front bumper (Will protect the stampede better than the stock bumper)
    -->Aluminum Axle stubs (Traxxas brand)
    -->Aluminum Caster blocks (Traxxas brand)
    -->Aluminum Steering knuckles (Traxxas brand)
    -->Anti-roll bars (Traxxas brand)
    -->RPM A-Arms
    -->MIP Rear CVD's (VERY pricey, but very worth it)

RC Qualifier
    The above are all great suggestions. I would add some better/ different tires to change it up. I have Pro Line Trenchers on one of mine. They are very aggressive sometimes too much so; complete opposite of the stock tires. There are many other options to be found.
    Summit, ERBE X2, 4pdes, 2pdes, etc lol

RC Qualifier
    The rear MIP CVD's are essential or you'll be replacing parts all the time. I finally broke down and got the front ones later. Don't bother with the other brands on this. The MIP's are the best design, repair parts are available, and they're very low maintenance. About the only part I've broken is the shear pins which are cheap to fix.

The only mip shear pins I broke were because I did not use red threadlock on the grub screws holding them in. Blue just did not last more than a couple of runs...
    Sit down, buckle up, hold on, pay me...

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by stampede_fanatic View Post
    Welcome to the forum man!

In my humble opinion, here are some upgrades that are ideal:
    -->Outwears shroud (Velcro closure that protects the chassis from dirt, sand, grass, etc) or Proline's Overtray (Nice one too)
    -->Jconcepts lowering body mounts (Lowers the lid to make the truck look meaner)
    -->Lipo 3s battery (You will get bored with the 2s lipo pretty soon, so upgrade to a 3s)
    -->Lipo quick charger, onyx, traxxas brand, etc (Takes a while for a battery pack to charge with the stock charger, so invest in a charger that does quick charging)

To make the truck's chassis stronger/beefier:
    -->Aftermarket front bumper (Will protect the stampede better than the stock bumper)
    -->Aluminum Axle stubs (Traxxas brand)
    -->Aluminum Caster blocks (Traxxas brand)
    -->Aluminum Steering knuckles (Traxxas brand)
    -->Anti-roll bars (Traxxas brand)
    -->RPM A-Arms
    -->MIP Rear CVD's (VERY pricey, but very worth it)
    Please tell me what is it: -->Anti-roll bars (Traxxas brand) ??? and where use it??
    thanks

RC Competitor
    Anti roll bars also known as SWAY bars.

RC Enthusiast
    I am a new stampede 4x4 vxl ower myself and just wanted o thank you guys for the list of upgrades...... i spend a ton of my time at work looking at all the possible upgrades and yet know little to nothing so the list is very helpful. I love the truck and it runs great but i have that dirt in the drive shaft issue that i can't seem to fix, but other then that its a great truck.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfrage View Post
    I am a new stampede 4x4 vxl ower myself and just wanted o thank you guys for the list of upgrades...... i spend a ton of my time at work looking at all the possible upgrades and yet know little to nothing so the list is very helpful. I love the truck and it runs great but i have that dirt in the drive shaft issue that i can't seem to fix, but other then that its a great truck.
    Dude when you can upgrade to mips or teknos all around and make sure you get the traxxas alu bearing adaptor part no.6893x its one of the first things to fail dude and welcome to the forum.....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    Dude when you can upgrade to mips or teknos all around and make sure you get the traxxas alu bearing adaptor part no.6893x its one of the first things to fail dude and welcome to the forum.....peace
    Get this motor mount as well:
    http://www.kingheads.com/product_inf...roducts_id=950

The bearing mentioned by spenniepoos and the mount above goes hand in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfrage View Post
    Get this:
    http://www.outerwearsracing.com/products.asp?cat=12858

Definitely one of the first things you should get for the stampede 4x4. It keeps the chassis clean and protects it from from dirt, sand, rocks, etc.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by stampede_fanatic View Post
    Get this motor mount as well:
    http://www.kingheads.com/product_inf...roducts_id=950

The bearing mentioned by spenniepoos and the mount above goes hand in hand.

Get this:
    http://www.outerwearsracing.com/products.asp?cat=12858

Definitely one of the first things you should get for the stampede 4x4. It keeps the chassis clean and protects it from from dirt, sand, rocks, etc.
    Does that outerwears cover help with the hole at the front of the chassie where the drive shaft enters, that seems to be my biggest issue. I order the servo protector and bumper from t-bone racing but i know that servo protector will not total solve the issue.

RC Qualifier
    Is the dirt causing any problem? I have never sealed that hole and have never had an issue. Just empty it out after running.

RC Enthusiast
    Well the truck has only had 3 battiers run through it so i have not seen a issue yet (crosses fingers) but lets just say my luck aint the greatest. getting the dirt out is not the easyest thing seems like a lot of tearing down after every run. I have only run it in the grass and on a dirt field so far but after ever run there are bleades of grass and dirt in the drive shaft area and you can her the little rocks grinding on the drive shaft so i assume that is also happening as i run which can't be good.