RC poster

Building an Emaxx

I have wanted to build an Emaxx since I already have a 3.3 Tmaxxx and more of the parts are similar. Still a little new to rc's but I don't mind gotta start at somewhere.

I wasn't sure if i should start from the ground up, find a used or new emaxx and just upgrade it, or find a partially built one and just finish it?

Also wanted to know all the hints and tips about the electric side with Batteries, chargers, motors etc.

Thanks

RC Champion
    I built my e-revo from the ground up. Bought a new chassis and transmission on eBay and had a lot of parts from our nitro Revos to finish it.

Partially assembled,

Finished,
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC poster
    I assume its better from the ground up, because then its easier to troubleshoot and fix or no?

RC poster
    Also might not be the right thread but lipos and nimh? the difference and i would also need to get a charger?
    any suggestions?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    If it is your thread, you can pretty much put anything you want in it!

LiPo's deliver the juice like no other... the only people I have ever seen doubt the benefits are those that have never used LiPo. Once you go LiPo, you never want to go back! My NiMh now power my daughters Power Wheels. lol

You would definitely need a LiPo charger.
    The best advice I can give is to do your research and ask around before you buy. There are lots of poor chargers out there and only a few decent ones for the money spent. Also, cheap chargers are not always cheap in the long run... KSB, a member here, has personally seen what a cheap charger can do; burn down a garage with $100K+ of RC equipment in it.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Expendabke24 View Post
    I assume its better from the ground up, because then its easier to troubleshoot and fix or no?
    yes, you can troubleshoot and fix things as you assemble the truck, and I personally enjoy assembling them.

I had an old Revo 2.5 Chassis and one evening I decided to build a revo from our stock and spare parts bins,
    Took a few hours to assemble, but it was enjoyable.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC poster
    I should have named the thread thinking about building and emaxx lol.
    I'll be doing a lot of research.

Thanks zepher, jimmy

Building a rc is fun. You know how to work on it. I would get a roller something cheap bit good and work on that and upgrade to what you want to do or if your going to use a flm chassis then a roller wouldn't do then, power systems are one of the nice things picking which I had to do with my roller.
    Good luck and have fun will look forward to updates and pics of your build.
    DEU 8:18 ESV