RC poster

Question Lifepo vs Nimh performance

Looking for some comments from someone who's used a lifepo4 battery in the brushed erevo. How did the performance compare to the Nihm batteries that come with the truck? Was top speed and torque similar? They do have less voltage, but would offer more amperage, so I'm wondering what that works out to in real use.

The faster charging rate of the lifepo over nimh seems like a great plus.

I'm not looking for major performance improvements. I don't need more speed for where I drive and don't want to babysit batteries while they charge, so I'm looking for something other than lipos.

Well I have not used Life, they prob have come down in price over the years. More voltage = more speed, so IDK for sure what the difference will be. I would think the NiMH would still be fast, but as for power not sure..
    One thing I do know is when ever charging any batts, even your cell phone, never leave them unattended.
    Sorry not much help try the search button see what pops up, there have been a few threads in the past.....
    gl2u...
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Qualifier
    Life have a lower voltage then lipo. I believe nimh will be faster for a little bit of time till the voltage drops but the life should be more consistent, probably more power overall.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    with the merv one member ran them . not as much punch as lipo but he like all the other benefits more

RC poster
    Digging up an old thread, but figure I'll answer my own question in case others are wondering the same thing.

I bought a pair of lifepo4s and have run them for a while in my brushed E-Revo and have been happy with them. The top speed is a little less than the Nimh, but there is so much more torque. If you are doing speed runs on pavement these aren't for you. But bashing around and off roading they're great. The quicker charge time is a big plus over Nimh and these batteries barely get warm after use, so I can change them again right after unlike Nimh that need some cool down time.

They're also great for the winter. They don't loose power running cold, unlike Nimh which will die out if sitting in the cold (not running enough to keep themselves warm).