sealled diff with locker

Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Competitor
    Note on a race track. You wont be able to control it
    Traxxas Slash all others are just Toys lol

Oh come on,live a little pal.
    I took an old traxxas diff filled it with jb weld,and had a ball.You might not win the race,but you'll put on the best show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Electrocutioneer View Post
    Note on a race track. You wont be able to control it

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by billy-bones View Post
    Oh come on,live a little pal.
    I took an old traxxas diff filled it with jb weld,and had a ball.You might not win the race,but you'll put on the best show.

Been there dont that. No "might not win" about it...Run a Spool and You wont win! lol

If your outta control I doubt your fellow racers will like the "show" if they keep getting hit.

You know me by now Ekectro,but don't for get,i spent my hole life 1/4 mile at a time,in a straight line.poise has its place.
    Hope the new year it treating you and yours well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Electrocutioneer View Post
    Been there dont that. No "might not win" about it...Run a Spool and You wont win! lol

If your outta control I doubt your fellow racers will like the "show" if they keep getting hit.

RC Competitor
    You know me by now Ekectro,but don't for get,i spent my hole life 1/4 mile at a time,in a straight line.poise has its place.
    Hope the new year it treating you and yours well.
    All in fun Billy. Fun to debate and share ideas. A little smack talk now and then is good for a laugh or two

Hope the New Year is treating you well.

Looking forward to showing you the mud flaps of my truck this summer

RC Qualifier
    hey can some give me info about this diff. how would the wheels turn and stuff like that. i dont know much about the diffs thanks
    SLASHING UP WITH MY PEDE

One rear wheel wont turn will out the other,if you turn,one tire wont slip,or spin at a different speed,there for off road only.
    If you lift the rear of the truck and spin the wheels,they'll both turn the same direction.
    but on pavement,its not a good thing.As it will cause things to break from the stress on the drive train. on my race cars i use a limited slip,[IMG][/IMG] its done by using clutch packs in the rear diff,giving a posie effect at launch, and limited slip at speed.
    So if I hit third gear at 100+mph the car stays straight,in a perfect world.
    Make any sense to ya at all?
    Quote Originally Posted by slayer3.3 View Post
    hey can some give me info about this diff. how would the wheels turn and stuff like that. i dont know much about the diffs thanks

some big boy toys,[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Better upgrade your drive shafts if you want to run a spool. The stock sliders will be shredded in short order.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by harry697 View Post
    Better upgrade your drive shafts if you want to run a spool. The stock sliders will be shredded in short order.
    Been there. Done that.

And once you upgrade the shafts the weak spot moves somewhere else.

RC Qualifier
    wheres the week spot
    SLASHING UP WITH MY PEDE

wheres the week spot
    Next would be the axle pins, hexes, rims and tires.

RC Qualifier
    now why cant u use em on the road
    SLASHING UP WITH MY PEDE

RC Qualifier
    The diff is designed to absorb some abuse. Once the abuse absorber is eliminated the abuse moves out - axles, hexes, rims... Etc.

RC Qualifier
    Using one on road would make your car push a lot.

RC Qualifier
    what do u mean push alot
    SLASHING UP WITH MY PEDE

RC Qualifier
    It won't steer very good.

RC Qualifier
    but could u it on road still and what are pros and cons about this thing
    SLASHING UP WITH MY PEDE

but could u it on road still and what are pros and cons about this thing
    You can use it on any terrain. Street use will put even more stress on the drive line. Pros would basically be that you get full power to both rear wheels at all times. Cons would be pretty much everything else.

Harry just put it in a nut shell for you.When we where stupid kids,we used to weld the spiders together.
    Thought we were cool,till we had to turn around,and things went to heck in a hurry.
    It simply gives you the same traction to both tires with no give.
    but there's no shush thing as no give.something has to.If you were a good enough welder,it was an axle shaft,but for the most part the rear end just blew to Pisces.
    You can use it on any terrain. Street use will put even more stress on the drive line. Pros would basically be that you get full power to both rear wheels at all times. Cons would be pretty much everything else.

RC Qualifier
    Harry just put it in a nut shell for you.When we where stupid kids,we used to weld the spiders together.
    Thought we were cool,till we had to turn around,and things went to heck in a hurry.
    It simply gives you the same traction to both tires with no give.
    but there's no shush thing as no give.something has to.If you were a good enough welder,it was an axle shaft,but for the most part the rear end just blew to Pisces.
    You where just using to small of a axle. LOL

RC Racer
    Nice mustang! Yeah spool would be alot of fun bashin on a baseball field but thats about it. Now a whole class of slashes running spools thats a whole nother type of fun

RC Qualifier
    If you're bashing in super-loose dirt, sand, or snow, or with ultra-low grip tires-- a spool is fantastic. On any surface or tire with grip, it's a recipe for demolishing all moving parts in your drivetrain.

I have one of those HR lockers-- and when you get it out of the package, immediately take it apart and reassemble it. It comes with no threadlock, which lets the setscrew holding the two parts together come loose, making your truck go nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Isotope View Post
    If you're bashing in super-loose dirt, sand, or snow, or with ultra-low grip tires-- a spool is fantastic. On any surface or tire with grip, it's a recipe for demolishing all moving parts in your drivetrain.

I have one of those HR lockers-- and when you get it out of the package, immediately take it apart and reassemble it. It comes with no threadlock, which lets the setscrew holding the two parts together come loose, making your truck go nowhere.

That's what they call the "unlimited slip differential". Sorta like a limited slip, but not really.

I just remembered some details about spools from some of the speed freaks who used to post here. I believe it was Sunny who was shooting for the 100m.p.h. mark years ago and tried using a spool with no luck. Turns out it made the truck very unstable at high speeds. IIRC, his logic for that was because of the independent rear suspension and the solid rear drive line not playing well together. Nowhere near my area of expertise, but made sense when he explained it. There was talks of replacing the rear shocks with solid links so that the truck behaved more like it had a solid rear axle, but not sure if it was ever attempted.

So basically the spool is good for sand bashing and drifting and not much else.

I would never attempt to run a full locker on my strip car,I might be 53,but would like to see 54,at least.
    That's what they call the "unlimited slip differential". Sorta like a limited slip, but not really.

I just remembered some details about spools from some of the speed freaks who used to post here. I believe it was Sunny who was shooting for the 100m.p.h. mark years ago and tried using a spool with no luck. Turns out it made the truck very unstable at high speeds. IIRC, his logic for that was because of the independent rear suspension and the solid rear drive line not playing well together. Nowhere near my area of expertise, but made sense when he explained it. There was talks of replacing the rear shocks with solid links so that the truck behaved more like it had a solid rear axle, but not sure if it was ever attempted.

So basically the spool is good for sand bashing and drifting and not much else.

Does the Traxxas Funny car have a locked diff?
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

I doubt it,with full power to both tires,it would be near impossible to control.But i really have no understanding of the system they run.
    Quote Originally Posted by O.G. View Post

Quote Originally Posted by O.G. View Post
    http://traxxas.com/explodedviews/690...View-Funny-Car

Planetary diff with spur bolted directly to the unit.