Thread: Servo upgrade

RC Racer

Servo upgrade

So, I've been looking around and it seems going with 1 better servo is better than getting 2 working correctly. I'd like to go with a solar servo since they are cheap and sold from US. The best one I can find that will probably fit has 61oz torque. Thats about 20 more than stock. Is that extra 20 oz torque worth it or do I need to find an even more torquey servo from a different manufacturer.

The definite go to is a Hitec 5085mg or a BB390
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Racer
    Yea I know that 390 is a very popular choice. I just hate ordering from the place that sells them. I try to only deal us based if possible. The solar one I was looking at has a couple more oz of torque than the hitec one you posted. I'm not having a big problem with steering per se, I'm just trying to get enough torque where it will be able to move the tires while climbing. It's no problem on grass, pavement, etc. But once I get the tires up on a log, or brick or whatever, the stock servo doesn't have the ooomph to turn them until I get it moving.

I hate buying there as well, in fact i haven't had to resort to buying from them. The 5085 definitely has the reviews not to mention the CS if anything goes wrong. I didn't look them up but i have never heard of that Solar brand servo.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Racer
    Hobbypartz sell them. I've always had real good service from them and much cheaper than the hitec. The one I mentioned with 61oz torque is only like 12 bucks and shipping is 5 i believe.

RC Qualifier
    the bluebird servo is usbased at the place that sells them, I would take a chance on it. bphobbies also sells bluebird but doesn't list that servo on the site, you could ask them if they could get it if it makes you feel more comfortable.