RC poster

Car won't start?

Basically, the car has been running well for a few weeks. The glow plug had went bad, it was not sending any signal back to the EZ start. I replaced the glow plug and it was running again. Soon after it began to not start. I noticed that the fuel was not moving quickly through the fuel line so I primed the engine and it began to run, but cut off when the brakes were applied or it came to a stop. I went on to turn with the idle screw(s), nothing happened at the time it still ran. Now it will not start unless I prime the engine and at that point it will start for about a second and cut off. What to do?

Try to reset the HSN, lsn, idle back to factory setting. Retune again. Make sure your fuel tank lid is securely sealed shut. Prime the engine when you first start it and make sure you use a after run oil or wd-40 to lube the engine when done running. I had this same problem with my 4tec and this helped till I sold it lol.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Champion
    Mine had a problem a while ago and it was fuel tank related. Since the tank is exposed to the ground it can develope a leak. You can pressure test the tank, fuel cap and hoses in one shot.. First drain all the fuel from the tank and the lines. Take one line off the carb and put a screw in the end then bend the tube so it won't allow air to leak out. tank the other line off the exhaust and blow thru the line slowly listening for a leak. If you remove the tank you can hold it down in water and look for bubbles as well.. You may have to hold down the lid of the tank as the pressure from blowing thru it might pop the cap.. I do this with mine every now and then just to make sure its fine. Its not an expensive tank but very frustrating when they leak.. Not saying thats your problem, but eliminate everything until you find the issue.
    Maxx3.3/ rusty5700/ slash3800/ slash5700 /4tec3.3

ooh yes the tank does sit low to the ground and i use to find rocks under there small ones and sometimes i would run over bigger rocks that would rip right through that tank but never did i found scratchs but no leak. I thought about making an alum plate for under there to protect that but i sold mine before that took place fun car though and super fast.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC poster
    I went ahead and put the HSN and LSN back to the factory settings. I primed the engine and it began to start this time it seems as if it wants to go but it may be what you guys said about the fuel tank it it losing pressure. If the fuel tank or the line is causing it to lose pressure, will it run then just slowly stop due to the loss of pressure and gas? Thanks in advanced and for the previous comments. On a side note, I do always find TONS of rocks all around my car especially the gas tank.

RC Champion
    Hope that solves the problem or at least steers you in the right direction... If you have a good plug, getting air then the only thing left is fuel... check the cap.. they are often the problem.. you can try to hold down the cap on the tank while starting the engine.. If it idles, then let pressure off the cap.. If it stalls or changes engine speeds, you found the problem. These nitro motors rely on exhaust pressure to force fuel to the carb.. any leak and it will effect the motor..
    Maxx3.3/ rusty5700/ slash3800/ slash5700 /4tec3.3