RC Competitor

Clutch shoe exploded

Hey all,
    So I ventured to the track today and after about 5 minutes I heard a clicking coming from the car. I took off the motor cover and found that 2 of the slipper clutch shoes had crumbled to pieces. . I was running with the 11.1 3s but had the esc in training mode to take some of the punch out of acceleration. So I was not running it very hard at all.

I ordered the heavy duty clutch kit last week and should have it soon, but I am curious as to what may have caused this. The slipper was set from the factory and from what I read, that should have been fine.

Any thoughts?

RC Champion
    I had that happen last week to me. I was not impressed. My last stock slipper lasted a good 4 month's running the 2400 sct combo on 4s in my slash 4x4, upgraded to the revo slipper after. I took out the slipper to see how tight the nut was an it was near perfect. Guess I will cannibalize my slash 4x4 til my ordered one come's in.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    Are bits of material sneaking into the housing back there? Dirt, pebbles, crud, or is it sealed up pretty tight? I still backflip picked up a Rally chassis, I like the rce im running at the moment. Never heard of this happening but after 2 peoples pads have crumbled under pressure, im wondering if more are coming. Maybe a rough batch of material/pads made it to the assembly line?
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

RC Champion
    Yeah, kind of strange this is happening. I have been running mine pretty hard, actually out of the box I haven't touched a thing yet, like I havent tightened slipper or anything. About 20 packs in, *knock on wood*
    1/10 Rally x2/P4de/P2de/Rustler/Sl4sh MT

RC Champion
    Well I took the slipper out and the other pad was fine till I took it out, just crumbled under the pressure of my finger. I think I should of taken it out and seen how tight it was at first before I ran it. When i removed it it seemed to be right where I run my other slipper at. Oh well guess I will get the larger revo slipper and call it good.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Competitor
    Just realized I only ordered the revo alloy slipper rebuild kit......I take I need the pressure plate and hub?

My Rally has broken in nicely after maybe 10 packs. I think it's a little faster now than when it was new.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

Quote Originally Posted by Somaj View Post
    Just realized I only ordered the revo alloy slipper rebuild kit......I take I need the pressure plate and hub?
    Yes, but the alu pads are the same size as stock and you can run them with the other stock bits.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    I like running the aluminum slipper pads. I find it to be an excellent upgrade. Just a couple of mine are still running the stock graphite pads.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

I need to do this upgrade. I've been twiddling my thumbs waiting on parts for my Rusty.

Does it sound different than the stock setup?
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Competitor
    Here is a pic of the re assembled slipper with the revo hd slipper and bearing adapter.