Hybrid View

RC poster

My reciever led turns red when i turn the wheel. why is my servos malfunctioning.

I broke my servos a week in on buying my e-revo brushless so i went to find good servos considering i did not want plastic gears. i bought spektrum s6040(something like that. not that exact one) ,I installed them and found out i had to reset the ESC so that the servos would get the right charge. got that done but when i turn the wheel on my controller the LED on reciever turns red, the car will go forward and reverse but i did not get a chance to balance out the steering due to the fact that i burnt out my tqi controller when i hooked it up to the ipod, then my friend hooked up his remote and burned his controller as well. so while im getting that fixed does anyone know why my reciever would blink red like that.
    thanks

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    there is nothing wrong with your radio all you need is a glitch buster, plug it in on any empty slot on your rx.

RC poster
    thanks alot, i youtubed it and that is exactly what was happening with my led light.iv been looking everywere for something along those lines. does anyone know how to hook up the ipod touch 4th generation without burning out the transmitter. because i did it twice.. or the hobby shop guy did lol.

RC Qualifier
    what glitch buster do you recommend?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I use a spektrum one because that was at the hs, but you can use any, they are cheap about $6.

RC Champion
    Depending on which ESC you have and which servo/servos it may take more than a glitch buster. Whats happening is the servo/servos are dragging down the ESC's onboard BEC. A glitch buster is worth a try and if that doesnt work you will need an external BEC or an ESC with a stronger on board BEC. Castle ESCs are nutorious for this. I put in a single high torque servo and it flat blacked out the entire system and a glitch buster didnt do it, Had to install a 10amp external BEC. Im running Tekin now with no external BEC and no problems either.

RC Qualifier
    i'm not really having any problems persay. i was setting the end points and i noticed when i turned the wheels completly to one side the light would turn red then back to green and every blue moon it would do like a double turn to the same side.what i mean is when i i turned and held to the left it would turn and release then turn again then would hold there.hasnt done that since i set end points so maybe my problem is fixed.what tekin system are you running?and is it waterproof?

RC Champion
    Without end points set it was definitely going to locked rotor and overloading the internal BEC from what you are describing. Some times thats all it takes is to set end points if you have a radio capable of doing so.

Im running the RX8/T8 2250 combo and its not water proof. I dont believe any Tekin ESCs are water proof. For that matter none of them really are, maybe extremely water resistant but not water proof. For the most part I try to avoid wet conditions as much as possible. Im too nit picky on keeping things clean and mud is a PITA to clean up afterwards, even wet sand presents a challange. I havent run it in snow just yet as there isnt any here to speak of just yet but when I do Ill put on an outwears shroud to take care of that.

RC Qualifier
    ok cool thanks for the help.i know they are not really waterproof but if one of the grandsons hits a puddle i dont want a ruined esc.i have one i liquid taped but thats my 1st and i have a ton of money in that one and no they cant drive that one.the other one i built i put the hobbywing wp sc8 combo in and they can take that one anywhere.the only prob with that one is,it doesnt have brakes in reverse and of course they love hauling but backwards and then sqeezing the trigger into forward and we all know what that causes lol so i am looking for a decent priced reliable combo that i can put in one that i'm building for the lttle one that wants it green and black like grave digger so i'm gonna dye the chassis green and the rpm arms green to and i have a green and black proline body and then he can put grave digger stickers on.so if you have any ideas or anyone on a good and reliable combo for a decent price i'd love so advice