RC poster

e revo meshing strange sound

I stripped the 68t spur gear on my e revo and have put the 54t replacement one on that came with the truck. It now makes a very strange sound like a high pitch squeal. I have pulled the gear box out and checked all the gears in it and run it without the drive shafts connected to rule out the noise was diff related. I am new to electric but have run a t maxx for years. Any help would be appreciated.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Red face

Double check your clutch
    The little clutch pads go in one way and for the setting tighten all the way then back off 1/4 turn

RC poster
    thanks I didnt tought the clutch when i first put the new spur gear in though and it made the sound straight away. I did notice though a few small like scorch marks on the clutch pads. I have run 12 sets of lipos through it and 8 sets of the stock NIMH batteries. I believe i have set the slipper correctly.

did you put the gear on wrong side out.?? the gear is rubbing on the gear cover....maybe
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=1#post4920550
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Champion
    Could be several things

Bad mesh
    Slipper clutch
    Spur gear
    tranny bearings
    Tranny gears
    motor bearings

If you had the center drive shafts pulled there is nothing else it could be.

When you set the mesh did you put a piece of paper in between the spur and pinion?