RC Enthusiast

Question Suspension and tires mini slash

I was wondering if anybody knew what shocks and shock oil I should get for my mini slash because once my stock shocks get pushed down on the road they stay down so if anyone knows some better shock springs and oil that would be great. Also I need new tires my stock ones wore down very quick I want to upgrade the for tires that work good for of road and on road thanks.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    traxxas tan and black springs work pretty good with 60 or 80wt oil for the slash unless you want something much stiffer like summit purple or blue springs

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by omegamanrc View Post
    I was wondering if anybody knew what shocks and shock oil I should get for my mini slash because once my stock shocks get pushed down on the road they stay down so if anyone knows some better shock springs and oil that would be great. Also I need new tires my stock ones wore down very quick I want to upgrade the for tires that work good for of road and on road thanks.
    I think you're having issues with the other suspension components binding also. You need to make sure the slip shafts in the axles are clean, as well as the ball joints in the bearing carriers, and the A-arm pivot points. If any of those areas bind, you will not have full suspension travel. I had the same problem, so I went with RPM bearing carriers, which have adjustable tension on the ball joints. Also, check your shock pushrod rockers, and arms. I clean and silicone mine after running in dirt & mud. Good luck!

AB
    I'll try anything once, maybe twice!