RC Qualifier

Exhaust system ?

Looking at the THS pipes. I want more torque/low end which the 1046 is rated for but would the 146 still give better low end power than the stock pipe.

RC Competitor
    tons more...resonator pipe isnt that great of a pipe
    revo 3.3 tmaxx 3.3 ofna hyper 7

RC Qualifier
    I just installed a Ace Products "Outlaw" pipe i got off Ebay. I too was looking for more low end torque. As soon as it warms up a lil today im gonna run it and ill post and let you know. I read this pipe was suppose to give a extra 300 oz/in torque

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by deargdoo@gmail.com View Post
    I just installed a Ace Products "Outlaw" pipe i got off Ebay. I too was looking for more low end torque. As soon as it warms up a lil today im gonna run it and ill post and let you know. I read this pipe was suppose to give a extra 300 oz/in torque
    same topic http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...acing-products
    Revo3.3 -.32 Axial/BUKU Pipe

RC Qualifier
    THS is a great pipe. I run one myself and I am very pleased with the results.
    One shot.....One kill, no exceptions

RC Qualifier
    @ bloody wheels, is your ths on a 3.3.? 1046 or 146. My stock set up will wheelie but must be out of a tight corner and punch it. I think the THS146h is calling to me!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by PEDE-OFF View Post
    @ bloody wheels, is your ths on a 3.3.? 1046 or 146. My stock set up will wheelie but must be out of a tight corner and punch it. I think the THS146h is calling to me!
    Yes my pipe is on a 3.3. I have the THS1046.

RC Qualifier
    never got a chance to run my Revo today with that outlaw pipe. I didnt feel like braving the cold. If it doesnt work i found a THS1046 pipe with header and all the install hardware one would need for $39.99 + $4.95 shipping
    " You just got passed by a Traxxas"

RC Qualifier
    Heard a lot of bad from the outlaw pipe. Nothing but good things from THS.

RC Racer
    I cannot fault the Resonator. It has been awesome on my modded 3.3, my OS 21TM, and more recently my OS 18TM. In my opinion a very underrated pipe.
    TRAXXAS...................Should be :- KIXXAS.

RC Qualifier
    That's true. I do like the resonators. They probably are very underated. Good solid performance.

RC Qualifier
    I fired up my Revo just a few mins ago with the out law pipe installed. Started just fine, idled just fine. But do to how loud it is ill have to go to the park to run it. So far so good on the Outlaw Pipe. Ill update after i run it at the park.

RC Qualifier
    well ran my Revo at the park with the Outlaw pipe. Seemed to do real good in the begining the it just started to bog down and never really got better no matter how i tuned it. So 1 of three things happened imo. 1- I need a new glow plug. 2- the pipe didnt provided enough back pressure for tank thats low on fuel. 3- the pipe just sucks. Till i can rule out 1 and 2 im still not convinced the pipe sucks. Im gonna go get some more fuel and glow plugs. Ill report back in a couple days.

RC Qualifier
    I ordered the 1046 and some new rims and tires. All the parts should be in the first of next week.

RC poster
    Why does the exhaust header on the revo3.3 keep breaking? Is there a way I can make sure this don't happen again?

RC Racer
    You have the header that mounts with two screws? Buy the spring mounted header;no more broken headers.

*linky linky*
    Last edited by RC-Sakke; 01-18-2013 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Link added
    |Traxxas|Revo|3.3|#5309|FIN|

RC poster
    Yes i do have the header with the 2 screws.Will the ez-start still be able to fit if I put a spring exhaust header on? And what exhaust header would you recommend?

The Platinum Edition header: 5340x.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    So up until i broke my Revo ive been using the Ace Outlaw Pipe. Not 100% convinced it gave the huge torque increase that it said it would give. The only major complaint i have about it is it doesn't provide enough back pressure to keep the proper fuel feed past a 1/4 tank of fuel, it just wants to bog out and die likes its being fuel starved. If i fill the tank back up its running nice and strong. That and i got a letter from the HOA for running my "motorcycle" up and down the street lol. Its a lil loud lol. So for a $20 pipe the Outlaw isnt that bad of a choice, more so if you like loud pipes.

I orderd a THS1046 Pipe and the THS Steel Center drivelines when i was shopping for new parts to rebuild the front of my Revo. Ill report back in a week or 2 when i have the THS pipe on

RC Qualifier
    Keep us posted on the THS1046 Mine come in the mail today but I haven't had the chance to do anything other than look at it quickly before heading out with the family...my daughters first time on down hill skis today . Too tired to do it tonight and if I did, I wouldn't be able to resist starting it

RC Qualifier

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Champion
    The THS is a great pipe, but if money is no object, get the ERCM pipe.
    erbe emaxx 26maxx s27revo 18tmrevo XXL platinum

RC Qualifier
    Looks good PEDE-OFF I cant wait to get mine. Actually i cant wait to get mine put back together all the wayb lol. I always gotta break crap during hoildays so parts take longer to get here lol.

RC Champion
    you may want to get a longer pressure line... lol
    you know.. i never had a sig.. but i do now...

RC Qualifier
    it's not supposed to be that short? Going to put all new line in this week

RC Qualifier
    Too cold out...couldn't get the temp up. It will be awhile before I can tune it. Does seem to have a bit more "snap" to it
    http://s1192.beta.photobucket.com/us...700c9.mp4.html
    http://s1192.beta.photobucket.com/us...e92be.mp4.html

RC Champion
    when its that cold u may have to richen it up.. if you didnt heat up the engine before you started it.. and it sounds that crisp in that weather.. its to lean... on both needles.. mainly the low end...

just an FYI

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for the info. kgombe1

RC poster
    I just got a tmax with a 3.3 and want it a little louder the ths 1046 sounds like a plan. I am new and just wondering where people get there stuff from on the web I am starting off wit ebay but any advice is appreciatred

RC Champion
    amainhobbies and towerhobbies is a good start for online... but check your local hobby shop, if available and see if you can get ir through them...

RC Competitor
    I shop eBay and tower and amain. Mostly eBay. If we had an lhs I'd sure support it but we don't.

RC Qualifier
    I always give my LHS first shot when im buying parts. He knows hes not always gonna be able to compete with online prices but he offer always has parts hipped over night and shipping is free so it gives me a place to compare and weigh out time to get verses cost of part. I buy my fuel and glow plugs at my LHS shop cause $3 a plug (5min) is a smokin deal and $32 a gal including tax for 30% is hard to beat. For online ebay there is a seller hopmeup i use alot. IMO Tower is a lil pricey. I got my THS Pipe and Driveline directly from THS website.