Thread: Mamba Monster

RC Qualifier

Mamba Monster

when my titan 775 burns out i think ill be looking towards the new mamba monster 2 the factory waterproof one so i can still go all the places i normally do with my summit. is there any initial upgrades i need to do to my summit to handle the power of the mamba monster?

RC Competitor
    I've just put the CVD 5650R driveshafts on and overhauled/shimmed my gearbox. I'm going to get the Talon tyres and black Pro-line Desperado 1/2" offset rims for the faster stuff but still have the Canyons for the slower stuff. I'm surrently running the Pro-line Trencher X's on black chrome Desperados. I've got the HPP hubs on their way from Germany too.

Coming from a large brushless heli background I'm a bit over the brushed motor thing after only less than a month. Don't get me wrong, I'm really enjoying my Summit, I'm just also really enjoying all the potential combinations and it's relatively cheap, compared to just an ESC that costs $800 for my big heli, to "play" with different options in this truck.

I like the fact the Summit and E-revo share the same heritage and with a few tweaks, different wheels and a motor swap, one can become the other. OK I know the diff/gearbox difference thing is in there too.

Anyway, I'm having fun.
    Summit 11/68T 4S 2000kV
    E-Revo 14/56T 6S 2200kV

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by JoelRobbo View Post
    when my titan 775 burns out i think ill be looking towards the new mamba monster 2 the factory waterproof one so i can still go all the places i normally do with my summit. is there any initial upgrades i need to do to my summit to handle the power of the mamba monster?
    I'm gonna swap out my stock stuff for a 2200kv mmm system I have collecting dust tonight. So if I remember I'll let you know how it goes.

NOTErized!

Original mmm is not sensored so low speed control will suffer
    Brushless power in a summit is a challenge.
    First thing to look at Diffs shimming is helpful but be prepared to rebuild or replace them depending on how you drive.
    Slipper clutch is your friend, it is also good buddies with the drivetrain.
    The drivetrain relies on the slipper clutch to keep it in one piece once it starts getting blasted by the new LARGE increase in power.
    Search threads here for info there is a bunch of good info

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Competitor
    I got the mmm installed in the summit. Lots of power, slightly less control when the truck first starts to move. It's a little more jerky but still controllable. I can still make it crawl just fine. It's definatly more fun to drive now. I might turn the punch down a little and I think the mmm has a drag brake setting. I'm gonna look into that. I say go for it. So far I like it. But I've only ran 2 sets of pack through it to.

NOTErized!

RC Competitor
    So I set my punch at 60% and set my drag brake at 30% and enabled crawler reverse and it's pretty sweet now. Faat as **** and crawls good. Still cogs just a little when it first starts to move but not bad at all. I'm liking it.

NOTErized!

RC Competitor
    What gearing are you running?
    Summit 11/68T 4S 2000kV
    E-Revo 14/56T 6S 2200kV

RC Competitor
    All stock. Runs nice and cool to. And I'm running 40 Mudslingers.

NOTErized!

RC Competitor
    I waterproofed my ESC and took it for a rip in the snow today. Wow! does it ever tear through the snow now. It's a blast cranking over snow banks that I couldn't even get over before. Now I just gotta go easy on the throttle to keep the truck together.

NOTErized!