RC Qualifier

T-Bone Bumper for Summit

I noticed a lot of people have T-Bone Skids on the Summits, and I saw that the bumper has wheelie bar wheels on it. do these disconnect from the bumper? Also, what other websites could I find skids on besides tbone?
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

There are aluminium skids available BUT the tbone are the best balance between function and durability.
    In my opinion of course

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    jamann do you have a link to those tbone skid plates?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    I have both the Tbone chassis skid and the A-Arm skids and they are excellent. But, I dont like their front and rear bumpers. They will lessen your approach angles and the way they hang down further than the stock front and rear skids means you get LESS ground clearance. I also think the way they mount would cause them to get caught on obstacles if you were high centred and tried to go forward or back.

But, the centre and A-Arm skids are must haves IMO.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    ^^ I agree 110%. To me they are too close to the ground and IMO they look ridiculous.

But the center skids and a arm skids are worth the money. I had to "adjust" mine because I'm picky. That's all part of the hobby

Sent from my iPhone using autocorrect

RC Qualifier
    http://t-bone-racing.net/Brand-N-Z/T...0-Summit-c352/ Here is the link to the skids JoelRobbo
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

RC Qualifier
    Would these skids work with the tbone skids on the a arms and chassis? It would add some bling and might help a little bit. What do ya guys think? http://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p...3#.UOSKeeQ0WSo this is the rear one and then there is a front somewhere.
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

Should fit fine

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    Are there already spots on the a arms and chassis where you can put the screws?
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

For the stock rear skid and the front skid yes(mine are stock in the pic)
    The t bone center skid uses standoffs in 4 of the existing skid plate holes.The arm skids use a upper and lower piece and "sandwich" the a arm.the integy would be a remove and replace operation.for the smaller front and rear
    Aluminum arms are not recommended
    For this truck in my opinion.

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    so the aluminum bumpers would work, but dont use aluminum a arms. do they break or bend easy?
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

They bend and stay bent.they can only take so much bending back before.....
    Plus if they don't flex next thing in line to take the force,bulkheads,not expensive but a bit of time to replace.arm takes 5 10 minutes cost about $7 the plastic flexes and dissipates the shock load much better.saving other damage.
    I have had mine 3 years broken maybe three arms,usually something stupid I did.I run it pretty hard...lol

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

I dont care how blingy it is, I would NEVER buy integy crap. The only thing they make thats decent is their tools.

I would also ESPECIALLY never buy an aluminum bumper or skid plate from integy. The bumper takes alot of abuse. Integy is known to be junk... thats a recipe for disaster. The summit doesnt need any bling... its already the biggest baddest truck on the block. Put some LEDs on it if you want it to shine.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

I try not to bad mouth integy as I have never put any of there "stuff" on my truck
    Not even their tools....lol

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    If you don't like integy, what websites do you prefer for good quality skids and mods besides Integy?
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Chandler View Post
    If you don't like integy, what websites do you prefer for good quality skids and mods besides Integy?
    Sorry - I involuntarily barked a laugh at that sentence. I promise, though - it was good-natured, not mean. It depends on the mods. No one company does everything you might need or want. I think you got your answer regarding the skids above although I will say I find them almost totally unnecessary since I have never used them and I think I do alright.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    Is proline a good source for some mods?
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

RC Qualifier
    I can't speak for Proline but the parts I've gotten from hot racing have been good quality.

Like ksb saith, though, it's nearly impossible to get everything you need/want from one manf.

Also, just because one manufacturer makes part "A" well, part "B" could be a differnt story. Might have better luck finding out about a parts quality by asking about said specific part.

EDIT: I have/do run Proline tires, wheels and bodies with no complaints.

Sent from my iPhone using autocorrect

RC Qualifier
    Ok. Thanks
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

Honestly man, youd be WAY better off spending your money on a set of wheels/tires, a dewalt motor upgrade and some lipos. The aluminum parts are not necessary and will be more of a negative in the long run. I cant think of ONE part on the summit that NEEDS to be upgraded to aluminum. No fancy visual upgrade will make your summit climb or crawl better. Get the parts that WILL make it crawl better. If people arent impressed by where the summit can go, they wont be impressed by anything.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    Agreed. I am getting my Summit tomorrow, so I think I will upgrade it when I feel the need too. I am also taking it for demonstrations later in the year, so I think some new tires, new motor, skids, and some lipos and a charger would be good upgrades. I am only 14 though, so it will take me a while to get the $500 estimated dollars for upgrades.
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

The good part is.....it doesn't need anything out of the box

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Racer
    ^^^x10 on that one. Didn't upgrade a thing on mine for the first few months I had it. Loved it the way it was.
    Now? That's another story:

RC Qualifier
    That looks cool! But, for as a 14 year old, I don't think my parents would let me spend a lot of money for something like that. What is the purpose of dual motors though???
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

There is no purpose for dual dewalt motors other than to say you have them. One dewalt motor is MORE than enough to snap any part of the driveline in a second if your not careful. You could gear 2 of them up to go faster, but there is a ALOT of added weight and the fact that you can still only carry 2 batteries limits its potential.

I will admit, it looks impressive. But IMO, other than bragging rights, it doesnt really serve any purpose.

Jacob, im going to say it again, you seem to think the summit is not impressive enough as it is. Once you get it out of the box youll see that the summit is EXTREMELY impressive all on its own. You dont need a new motor or tires/wheels. Those are expensive items that, in the long run, dont add ALOT of functionality to the truck. I know tons of people like trenchers and they do have their strong points. But for all out rock crawling, especially on smoother rocks or surfaces, the stock tires are actually better. The dewalt motor DOES have more power, but the stock 775 is a beast and will do everything a dewalt will do. Its also quite a long lasting motor if kept clean.

Take ALL the money you want to spend on parts, buy a set of Tbone skids and spend the rest on a GOOD lipo setup. THATS where youll see the most impressive performance gains and youll get way more from your truck. A couple SPC 8200 packs and a high power charger/power supply setup is well worth the $$ it costs. Being able to charge 2 packs at a time in under an hour is amazing and will keep you out running longer. It also benefits ALL the other trucks you either have now or will have down the road.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ