RC Racer

Converting to 17mm

So I got my e-cash in and I am planning on going to 17mm.

I always get confused on Rims/Tires.

What size Rim/Tire should I be looking at?

Also does the Stampede have a front and back tire? I know some other models do.

Thanks for the help.

RC Qualifier
    3.2 RPM Revolver/Stablemaxx rims and 2.8 trencher tires are the most popular 17mm conversion. P4de does have same wheels front and back...
    The message above or below may or may not be true

RC Racer
    I really like pulling out my p4de and riding wheelies. I was thinking road rage tires.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Phanes View Post
    I really like pulling out my p4de and riding wheelies. I was thinking road rage tires.
    The 2.8 road rage will probably be to small to mount to 3.2 wheels. (not 100% sure) I originally purchased the road rage to mount on 2.8 and they looked to small for the truck. I liked the smaller sidewall but overall just to small for my liking. Went with the street fighters instead. Might be able to mount those (streetfighters) to the 3.2 wheel. The 3.2 road rage will be to big for the p4de. Will look silly, IMO, and probably rub when turning, not to metion the added stress the the drivetrain and electronics...

RC Qualifier
    yeah the street fighters will work.

RC Enthusiast
    For onroad only use I had thought a set JConcepts G-Locs in the 2.8" size stretched over the 3.2" RPM Revolver StableMaxx rims might work good, but I haven't tried it yet. Maybe sometime in the future.

I do have a a set of 2.8" JConcepts Subcultures on the 3.2 rims for using at the clay race track, and they fit nicely.....but the track was closed due to rain last week when I was going to go use them. For these I didn't even have to cut the outer lips off the rim, as the tires tuck in behind them nicely to be glued up on the flat surface between the two groves of the rim.

And of course I have the old standby of the 2.8" Pro-Line Trenchers on the 3.2" rims, that is a good all-around combo. But for these I cut off the outer lips of the rims, and trimmed the tire before gluing.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephus View Post
    For onroad only use I had thought a set JConcepts G-Locs in the 2.8" size stretched over the 3.2" RPM Revolver StableMaxx
    Can you post pics of this set up?

RC Racer
    So what about the E-Revo tires or Xo-1 tires? Are those just too big? The only problem I have found with aftermarket tire/rim combos is they weigh more so that means more strain/heat on the whole system.

RC Qualifier
    xo1 tires would be fine, but the revo tire are too big. 1/8 buggy wheels shouod also work

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by skmfkr View Post
    xo1 tires would be fine, but the revo tire are too big. 1/8 buggy wheels shouod also work
    Thanks

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hirschowl View Post
    Can you post pics of this set up?
    I haven't actually tried the 2.8 G-Locs over the 3.2 Revolvers, so I don't have anything to take a picture of. But here are the tires http://www.jconcepts.net/shop/glocs-28-tire It looks like there is enough sidewall to be able to stretch it over, but I haven't tried it or seen anyone else that has done it, yet. I have done it with the Subcultures and Trenchers.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephus View Post
    I haven't actually tried the 2.8 G-Locs over the 3.2 Revolvers, so I don't have anything to take a picture of.
    Oh yeah, lol, should of read your post a bit better rather than just scanning...

RC poster
    I converted and put 3.8 desperado with badlands tires premounted. Mind you I do have a castle 3800 and lifted a custom body but it rips!!! I'm new here so I haven't figured out how to post a picture

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    a 3.8" tires are just way too big, even the 3.2" are also way to big and not good for 3800 motor. anything this size would require 1/8 system.

3.8" REVO

3.2" mashers

difference between the two tires

I'd say keep it with 2.8"

it looks better proportion this way.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |