Hybrid View

RC Qualifier

Breaking in the Titan 775 Motor

So I know that I take the motor off the Summit, run it for 30 minutes with the throttle trim, and then clean and lube the motor. I am hopefully going to break it in Friday night, and then run through a few battery packs through it on Saturday. I was wondering if I should only run 1 battery at a time when I am driving it around easy on Saturday, or both batteries. Thanks, Jacob
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    It won't run on just one battery.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

Have to use two batts.it will be fine its not really fragile.I think we may have been a bit over zealous in our break in speech lol
    first set of packs or even two if you want,avoid hard launches, roll on the throttle rather than dead stop full throttle
    Squeeze on at least for the first 5 minutes...oh and.....
    MOST IMPORTANT

Have fun.

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Competitor
    The summit is awesome, you will love it. Not sure about break in, just run it and love it. I always keep a spare or 2 775 around, they can go at anytime with lipo power anyways. They last me at LEAST 3 weeks. Ok, so I'm not a break in kinda guy.

NOTErized!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmaxxed View Post
    The summit is awesome, you will love it. Not sure about break in, just run it and love it. I always keep a spare or 2 775 around, they can go at anytime with lipo power anyways. They last me at LEAST 3 weeks. Ok, so I'm not a break in kinda guy.

NOTErized!
    I break my motors in like I just stole it. I'm a fan of breaking It In like your going to drive it. If your going to crawl then break it in crawling. If your going to bash it then break it In bashing and if both well you get the pic.
    To date I've never had a motor issue weather its a rc or 4,6,8 cyl gas motor.
    Remember this Is how I do it and have always done it.
    _______^_
    /______l__\____
    l_l O l_____l O l

RC Qualifier
    Ok. just avoid hard launches for the first few packs. I think I can do that! Can't wait 3 days to get it. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit