RC Enthusiast

Best clutch upgrade

Hey Guys
    Happy New Year. Thinking about upgrading the clutch in my Summit. What do you guys recommend??
    Any input would be appreciated
    Cheers
    Bill

RC Qualifier
    Try RobinsonRacing.com. Never used them, but have heard great things about them. Make sure you do some research and see if the clutch will come with the spur gear. I quickly saw that tooth count specific slipper clutches would need to be ordered. Make sure you know what your ordering is what Im saying.
    Slash MT
    CC 2400kv
    MM2
    1/10 Summit

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Hopefully the original source chimes in...

I have read where a tMaxx? brake disc can be used as an upgrade to the stock clutch material.
    I had thought I saved this info, but I cannot find it. I do remember that it takes slight modification to get it to work and that it was an extremely cheap upgrade.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Enthusiast
    ....and that works great in mine with the MMM 2200 combo.
    You only have to widen the holes of the disc a little bit, that's all.

RC Racer
    Yeah a little bit of thumb pressure and the maxx 2.5 brake disc will pop right on. Holding up good in my dewalt summit and my MMM 2200 e maxx, and for $4, how can you go wrong?

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for the input guys. Just for now I think I'll stick with stock, I think that The RR would be overkill for the standard setup

RC Competitor
    I have the RR in both Summit and E-revo and recommend it. It gives me much more control over the adjustment point for slippage and the surface area provided seems like it will hold up to any slippage allowed much better. Also, you can't bend the system by over tightening as you can with the stock setup. It isn't cheap but I like it.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by bandg View Post
    I have the RR in both Summit and E-revo and recommend it. It gives me much more control over the adjustment point for slippage and the surface area provided seems like it will hold up to any slippage allowed much better. Also, you can't bend the system by over tightening as you can with the stock setup. It isn't cheap but I like it.
    Thanks for that input mate, I appreciate it
    Cheers
    Bill