RC poster

Wing mount for ERBE

Hi All,

I'm searching for a new wing mount for the e-revo, but not the original one, i would like something else.

I've found tekno RC wing mount, i like it but i'm not sur it fix in the brushless edition..

Can this fit in E-revo? If not do you know something similar?

Thanks ahead,

Joker

If it fits the 3.3 it should fit the BL Revo...
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Champion
    Ive heard it fits fine and the rear body posts are the same b/t nitro and electric. Nothin is as flexible as the stocker though. There are aluminum ones made by Golden Horizons and Integy i believe.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 09-21-2011 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Made compliant with Forum Rule #11

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    This is one of those head scratchers.

9joker6, what are you trying to do that the stock mount isn't working for? As in maybe you want to position the wing differently?

RC Competitor
    this will fit straight on mate and it is built like a brick house!!! would suggest running the rear brace mod with it as that wing mount will not give way 1 bit! and will transfer the energy from a bad back end landing right to your chassis so beware its all good if your like me and never get a bad landing mwahahaha

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ducati777 View Post
    This is one of those head scratchers.

9joker6, what are you trying to do that the stock mount isn't working for? As in maybe you want to position the wing differently?
    Thx for your replies.. I know the original one is good in absorbing bad landings and i like it. I was interested in something else just for curiosity! Since I have to change mine cause it's broken, i wanted to be sure that there were no alternatives...

RC Competitor
    go for the tekno wing mount and rear brace mod, WIN! all round

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by tingting44 View Post
    go for the tekno wing mount and rear brace mod, WIN! all round
    Hi, what is the "rear brace mod"?

RC poster
    Ok i think i answered myself

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

RC Racer
    Does the Proline wing
    http://prolineracing.com/wings/high-...ce-black-wing/
    fit in the stock wing mount?

RC Qualifier
    Should be a direct fit that's what I'm using

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    oki thanks man

RC Qualifier
    I have had the techno mount on my nitro revo for years. It's as tough as they come. Great piece of kit.
    Signature removed due to excess awesomeness.

RC Qualifier
    I don't understand how to install the Tekno mount. Stock ERBE wing posts are not long enough to attack both screws from the wing

RC Champion
    Ill post up in a bit on this. I have a Tekno mount that I havent installed just yet but I see what you are talking about. The stocker connects at the top hooking of the cross support where the tekno attaches to the body mount posts. May take installing extended body mount posts.

RC Champion
    It looks like you may have to trim the body to clear the tekno mount.
    Tekno also sits much higher than the stock wing.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Champion
    Dont know about the body just yet, Ill find that out here shortly. What I did find out is the ERBE body posts are shorter than the Revo body posts. Well as luck would have it I just happened to have a Revo rear body mount kit and they are a direct fit, just longer posts so Ill get it mounted here in just a bit, just got the rear end of my ERBE rebuilt with new everything so Im taking a little break. It will mount but I can say about the body until I get to that point.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinThyme View Post
    Dont know about the body just yet, Ill find that out here shortly. What I did find out is the ERBE body posts are shorter than the Revo body posts. Well as luck would have it I just happened to have a Revo rear body mount kit and they are a direct fit, just longer posts so Ill get it mounted here in just a bit, just got the rear end of my ERBE rebuilt with new everything so Im taking a little break. It will mount but I can say about the body until I get to that point.
    You will have to trim the lip around the EZ start hole so the body sits flush. I have the Nitro rear posts as well, and didn't realize the E-revo one was shorter.

not the best angle, but there is a few inches of height difference between the Tekno and Stock mounts, Tekno also goes further back as well.
    Both look good to me.

RC Competitor
    i dont use the wing at all, just causes problems and had no benefit when installed

RC Champion
    There is no EZ start hole on the ERBE.
    Body does need trimmed though.

Lose rear bumper and ability to install wheelie bar.

You do have to use the rear kit from the Revo though to get the extra post height.

Think Im sticking with the stocker. Without a wheelie bar that leaves the wing to be the wheelie bar.

RC Qualifier
    In other words, Tekno wing mount does not work with ERBE.

I was quite looking forward to installing it when I discovered that I can't use RPM's rear bumper mount alongside Traxxas stock wing mount. My plan was to install Tekno wing mount and then install the RPM rear bumper mount and bumper into the place that held the stock wing mount. Now, it seems, I'll have to put that idea on hold.

Does anyone the part number that actually fits ERBE and will allow for Tekno wing mount installation?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinThyme View Post
    There is no EZ start hole on the ERBE.
    Body does need trimmed though.

Lose rear bumper and ability to install wheelie bar.

You do have to use the rear kit from the Revo though to get the extra post height.

Think Im sticking with the stocker. Without a wheelie bar that leaves the wing to be the wheelie bar.
    If you use the Nitro rear mount, which has the EZ start hole in it, you need to trim the top lip of the hole so that it is flush otherwise the e-revo body sits on that lip and bows upwards in the middle.

RC Champion
    The mounts I have are indentical with the eception of the longer posts on the Revo. I just pulled the posts and put them on. If the RPM rear bumper mount doesnt work with the stock wing mount then ist out of the way. Like I said the rear bumper mount onto the wing mount and the wheelie bar insert cannot be mounted so that leave the rear end between the wing mount wide open to the bulkhead. Id have to have a look at the RPM mount to see if it would work or not.