RC poster

Question slash 2wd TQI 2.4ghz radio (signal problem) Pls help...

Hello traxxas people, so for Christmas I purchased my 8 year old son a traxxas 2wd brushed 2.4ghz chad edition slash. As we opened the box I was impressed how cool this truck looked, o sorry my boy was lol.. Ok so I went back to work the next day and on my way home I pick me up a traxxas slash 4x4 brushless. Me and my son went to local park to ride them as we did my boy was real quick to tell me that his truck was bobo cause mine was a lot faster bobo meaning sorry. So what I did was bought his a brushless set up velineon 3500kV brushless motor, a waterproof VXL-3s brushless ESC system. Installation was easy just a swap. As I went out for a test ride in my sons eyes his truck was beast, as it was killing all my grass pealing out. Now as I went about 40 feet the truck would cut off I had to get close to regain connection with radio. First I thought the batteries are dead on radio so I swapped with new ones no luck, next swapped truck battery with fresh one no luck, third checked connections on esc and little black box where plug goes from esc everything looked good. Light on esc is green I also followed some of the instructions that came with esc and set it to program one as you hold down button and red blinks once. Also im running lipo 2s 4000mah 20c, works perfect on my other slash and had also ran on this one before. Pls help it driving me crazy!

RC Qualifier
    sounds like ESC is not in LIPO mode here are the instructions on how to program it

http://traxxas.com/support/Programmi...-Speed-Control
    Anza Slash & a pile of Parts

RC poster
    I really appreciate your answer, will follow these instruction as I get home.

RC poster
    As I followed the instructions with no luck. What I did notice when my truck cut off was the light on truck radio blinking as I got close it turned green. It also seems like as I get further away truck starts to lose power then stops. Pls help I have no idea?

Make sure your receiver wire isn't bound or broken,the truck shutting down is a fail safe built in,so if the receiver loses connection with the transmitter the truck doesn't run out of control,or it may just have weak battery's in the transmitter.
    In fact the first thing i would do ,is change out the transmitter battery's with new ones.Even if they came with the truck,change them all with fresh alkaline's.
    Quote Originally Posted by safetyman562 View Post
    As I followed the instructions with no luck. What I did notice when my truck cut off was the light on truck radio blinking as I got close it turned green. It also seems like as I get further away truck starts to lose power then stops. Pls help I have no idea?
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC poster
    ok thanks for your guys replies but just contacted traxxas and my problems was my radio (controller). Traxxas is sending me a replacement.