RC Enthusiast

Traxxas TRX 3.3 Slayer 4x4 Pro Engine Teardwon

If anyone is interested, I just posted a teardown video of the TRX 3.3 out of my Slayer Pro. I will be doing a rebuild aswell. Hope you like it. If I messed up on anything, please let me know. I will make the appropriate changes on the rebuild video. Thank you in advance. Happy RCing!!!!

Slider7285

http://youtu.be/3-nBg2Cyw0E

RC Enthusiast
    Ok, I just noticed that I can not spell. It should be tear down! Silly me. Anyways here's a new link, sorry, had some trouble with last link. Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/KsDW_nfViq8

RC Enthusiast
    http://youtu.be/qQkxpBkWun8

Here is part two of my Engine tear down and rebuild. Enjoy everyone and thank you for your support.

RC Qualifier
    I was just watching your video. You mention that your intake tube keeps hitting your spur gear. Have you checked your chassis and made sure it isn't bent?
    Jato 3.3, Revo .28 JL Max, Nitro Stampede 3.3

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Jato View Post
    You mention that your intake tube keeps hitting your spur gear. Have you checked your chassis and made sure it isn't bent?
    I've been tweaking and adjusting everything on my truck to solve this problem. Decided to take a break and watch this video before going back and starting to bend metal to gain proper clearance!
    All I can figure is that it's bent immediately forward of the engine mount. Anyone had good success re-bending, or does that just create more problems with gear alignment?
    Dang! Outta time. Going to have to come back later to watch the video!

RC Qualifier
    I was running into the same issue with my slayer pro, with the spur gear taking out my intake tube. Thought for sure I bent my chassis, But I ended up changing out my enginge mount for a new one (just a stock traxxas one) and all was good after that. I couldn't see any visible cracks or anything, or if I just had something misaligned but was good after putting that new engine mount in...Hope it helps....

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks BomberSTi
    I'm going to start a new thread about this. Don't want to detract from the engine teardown.

RC Qualifier
    Cool videos man

Closing this one. You've started another in the Engine forum and that one will stay open. Multiple threads in different places is considered spamming.
    The Super Derecho