RC Racer

going from the old to the new and need help

I just got my new radio with docking station today which I put on my tmax no problem, so I wanted to take the receiver that I took out of my tmaxx and put in this old revo 2.5, and I am having issues I took the "y" off the steering per I am able to hook one to each channel 1 spots, I took the wires that were going to ch 2 from the old and put on ch 2 on the new and same with the ch 3. My steering works great however not so much luck with my throttle. opti lights seem to be normal and I did reprogramming of the radio by holding down menu/set turned it on and then let go followed by pressing the set button....I am stuck here

RC Racer
    just wanted to confirm that I do have the green plug in ch 3 which is shift in and gray in ch 2 which is throttle according to the opti drive box

2238 radio and 2218 receiver is what I am putting into a 5310 2.5 revo
    Last edited by hinduskunk; 01-16-2013 at 06:27 PM.

RC Racer
    okay so after spending all this time trying to find answers online (as the support dude at traxxas told me to do) I gave up and called them back. Guy tells me that I have to update the opti drive yet there is only one part number for opti drive so I question if this guy is right or not

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Traxxas is famous for sending out new parts with the old part number.
    For instance, the Summit has been updated 4-6 times and it is still a 5607. lol

I am not sure if there has been an update of the optidrive...
    Does a steering servo operate as it should in channel 2?
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Racer
    steering runs off ch 1 and it works fine there. just to rule out there being any issues with the opti or servos period I hooked the original recv back up and every thing works fine. maybe the dude was right and I need to buy a new opti , if thats the case I would rather just do with out reverse (I think)

I know steering runs off channel 1... sticking a servo into channel 2 to test is not going to hurt anything. This will rule out that there is something going on with channel 2.

If everything works without opti... wait! I read somewhere that someone was able to bypass the optidrive and still have reverse... just don't know how they did it.

RC Racer
    I see what you are saying, I will give it a shot. and I believe I read something prior to me having this issue. moreless the opti drive protects you tranny from being shifted while moving..

RC Racer
    so I did just that and it works, just have to be careful and not accidentally shift while driving.

Yup!
    That would not be a pretty sound.

RC Racer
    haha I just got the chills thinking about it lol