RC Qualifier

How do you run 17 mm hex wheels with the new design MIP axles?

I just bought a new MIP front axle kit which is keyed and has no holes for drive pins so I can use my adapters for 3.2 wheels. It comes with their 12 mm hexes. Got the old style on the back.
    How has anyone gotten around this?
    Do they make a service kit with the old style stubs I can buy and use to solve this problem?
    The only other way I see is to drill holes in them myself. I'm guess they're hardened, and getting the right size holes in the exact right place and straight through the stub would require a minor miracle (X2).
    Any advice on this?

RC Enthusiast
    I can't say for sure, but indo remember seeing parts available from MIP, pretty sure I was this form or URC, search for MIP install tips. I asked about parts, and a link was provided.

RC Qualifier
    You either have to change to the pin style mip or have to get new 17mm adapters. Flm and mip make keyed style adapters. The mip adapters you will have to do a little dremeling to get traxxas wheels to work. The flm are a little harder to install but no mods or necessary.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by paulfromtulsa View Post
    You either have to change to the pin style mip or have to get new 17mm adapters. Flm and mip make keyed style adapters. The mip adapters you will have to do a little dremeling to get traxxas wheels to work. The flm are a little harder to install but no mods or necessary.
    I'm going to call MIP tomorrow when they re-open.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by paulfromtulsa View Post
    Thanks Paul. I ordered the new 17mm MIP adapters. KInd of pricey at $41 w/shipping, and only one vendor on ebay had them. Their part number is MIP 10115 for anybody else who needed them.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ROB311952 View Post
    Thanks Paul. I ordered the new 17mm MIP adapters. KInd of pricey at $41 w/shipping, and only one vendor on ebay had them. Their part number is MIP 10115 for anybody else who needed them.
    Very good info since I'm about to purchase those bad boys on the pede.