Hybrid View

RC poster

Remote trigger is inverted, how do i fix that?

i just repaired a nice front end crash and now when i pull the trigger my car goes in reverse, so i have to push the trigger outwards for it to move forward now. how the eff did i invert the trigger? how do i switch that back?

thank you

RC Racer
    hows the wiring from the esc to the motor? should look like this http://images.search.yahoo.com/image...mb=OV2jl3EHVOt

if that doesn't work, try calibrating it again. look at page 14
    http://www.castlecreations.com/suppo...s_ed_guide.pdf
    Last edited by FartOfDoom; 01-01-2013 at 07:10 AM.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by FartOfDoom View Post
    hows the wiring from the esc to the motor? should look like this http://images.search.yahoo.com/image...mb=OV2jl3EHVOt

if that doesn't work, try calibrating it again. look at page 14
    http://www.castlecreations.com/suppo...s_ed_guide.pdf

and forgot to say, thanks for the link, it is the white and red cables, they were swapped thanks!!

RC Racer
    My steering got inverted once when I was in the middle of a run. Needless to say it crashed hard !!!

RC Racer
    ouch!!! that gotta hurt?

RC Racer
    I had a heck of a time trying to get it straightened out. I would get it switched everything was fine til I shut it off. Turn it back on and it was backwards again. I must of did this 10 times !!! I did know I had 3 bars of battery life in my transmitter but didn't think it was such an issue. But just to rule things out I put new batteries in it and went through all the steps to switch it again. Ever since I put new batteries in it .. it has never acted up again. Now whenever it doesn't show all the bars on my ipod it gets new batteries. WEIRD is all I can say

RC Racer
    One thing I have to ask.... why is it even possible to switch foreward to backward or left to right ?? It makes no sense to me at all. I know one thing for sure... It can make things difficult once in a while.

RC poster
    thank you for the replies and ya it sucks, you would think you pay 1k for these things why does it have to bug out like that lol

RC Racer
    Nice job Vin !!!

RC Qualifier
    well anything that has todo with electrical I guess you have to assume theres always the possibility for some kind of glitch to happen .. My take on why you can switch from forward to reverse would be so that lets say you you did a custom build and swapped the motor and mounted it oppisite where its mounted now , you his throttle it would go in reverse change a couple wires and there you go ,

instead of switching wires on the esc which is easy enough todo you I think you can reverse the throttle input from the remote without changing anywires also ..

BTW OP: since this is a kid friendly site , watch out when trying to use a swear word coded or as some call it ebonix . the mods are very touchy in the behind when it comes to this sort of things to protect the kids virgin eyes and when they catch it you will get violations at your account if they didnt allready warn you .
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

RC Racer
    yea reversed wire thing came from experience. almost took out one of my leg after an install