RC Enthusiast

Difference to brushless.

I've found a great deal on a rtr brushed erevo. I already have a 3906 emaxx and a 1/16 revo brushless. I've heard a few parts are better stock on the brushless 1/10 revos. If so what are they? I'm not worried about motor and esc. I'll get a brushless one eventually.

RC Qualifier
    Motor, esc and motor plate are the only notable differences that I can think of. The erbe also comes with 17mm hubs.

The ERBE uses the Ibar in the Differentials too. I don't think Traxxas has upgraded the Brushed E-Revo to that spec yet.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Enthusiast
    Doesn't the brushed revo work with emaxx wheels? I have like 5 sets of good emaxx wheels, and I'd be great if the fit.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    i believe all brushed version are 14mm hexes, so yes. there are some e-maxx (not sure what model) that are BL ready which means the diff have the I bar and i could have swear the brushed e-revos are BL ready too.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | 360mm XO-1 GT |

According to the current exploded view they have updated the Brushed models Diffs to incorporate the X parts.
    That is great news for guys wanting to make the swap later.

http://traxxas.com/explodedviews/5603-Rear-Assembly

RC Enthusiast
    It's not new so I'm unsure if it's upgraded. Either way. It would be cheaper to convert this to a brushless system than to buy a new one.

you will know the first time you service the diffs if you have the Ibar, if you don't i think the kit is like $12 at the LHS for the X parts.

RC Enthusiast
    I know eventually they will break. I just wanna go back to 1/10. I have my emaxx and my 1/16 revo but my friend has the 3.3 revo. And I need a bigger vehicle to keep up now off road.