RC Racer

quick question about RPM

Last time I broke my bumper I decided to upgrade an RPM one because of all of the talk about them being more durable then stock.

However I just broke the RPM one and I had heard the they give a replacement gaurantee, and was wondering if that is true and if so how do collect on it.

Do I have to send it back to RPM or can I just take it to my local hobby shop and have them swap it out??

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    I think you must ship it directly to rpm. I broke an rpm bumper in very cold weather, but never sent it in, just spent the 8$ for a new one at the lhs...

If your hobby shop is really cool, they may do the swap for u...
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Enthusiast
    i think you should just go to your local hobby store and get a new one because first of all you would half to pay for shipping and then half to wait a long time to ship you a knew one
    Traxxas ruslter, 1/16 modded grave digger,

Ya just buy the new one.
    Plus it could get lost on its journey to rpm
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

RC Champion
    I would call RPM and see what they say. Never know unless you talk to them....shipping isnt that bad if you have to pay for it

RC Champion
    Heck why would you not send it in for warranty replacement?

RPM was pretty quick at replacing the last bumper I sent in. Postage wasn't very much, just put it in a small padded envelope sent 1st class. I think I had my new bumper back in like 7-8 days.

From RPM:
    "If you are not sure if your problem is a legitimate warranty related problem, please contact us directly and ask. If you feel you have a legitimate warranty related item, do not return your RPM part to where you purchased it. Please send the damaged item directly to us with a brief, legible, yet thorough explanation of what you think may have happened to the part, a contact phone number and an e-mail address in case we have questions and your return mailing address."

You can read thier whole warranty policy HERE
    My previous sig conflicted with a forum policy.

RC Racer
    I would like to thank everyone for the quick responses. I am thinking of buying a new one and trying to get the old one replaced, this will leave me a spare if it happens again.

On another note I realize that this is not a "rustler or bandit". If it is violation will a mod. please feel free to close the post.

RC Champion
    Just google 'rpm warranty'. They have a whole page about it on their website. Definitely send it in. It'll just cost a buck or two.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jws1982 View Post
    Just google 'rpm warranty'. They have a whole page about it on their website. Definitely send it in. It'll just cost a buck or two.
    Or he could just click on the link I already provided in post #6

Quote Originally Posted by dave00bear View Post
    You can read their whole warranty policy HERE
    My previous sig conflicted with a forum policy.

Quote Originally Posted by luckybobb View Post

Do I have to send it back to RPM or can I just take it to my local hobby shop and have them swap it out??
    It is a manufacturer's warranty. Therefore, it needs to be handled with the manufacturer. However, if your LHS is decent and considers you a valuable customer, they might just replace it for you and handle the warranty part so you don't have to deal with any down time.

RC Champion
    I had a RPM and it broke last winter. . After finding out shipping was over half the cost of a new bumper I went T-bone racing and never looked back. Have it on both my Rusty's front and rear and also bought it for my friends Mini Revo and P4de. AWESOME STUFF !
    Rusty SCT
    Rusty LCG SCT
    Pede 4x4 SC8 *sold*

I mailed mine in and they sent out a replacement; the whole process took a few weeks.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

Quote Originally Posted by harry697 View Post
    It is a manufacturer's warranty. Therefore, it needs to be handled with the manufacturer. However, if your LHS is decent and considers you a valuable customer, they might just replace it for you and handle the warranty part so you don't have to deal with any down time.
    For that to happen, u gotta be a spender in there for sure. Like Harry said, a valuable customer. Even my LHS wouldnt want to do that for me, and I have an employee Tshirt, that ONLY employees have besides me cuz I spend so much $$$$$ in there. I wouldnt ask them of that anyways...

I break something.... I buy a new one. Physics.
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..