RC Racer

brushless motors

is there a more powerful brushless motor than the vilenium 3500 that came on my rustler that will work with the stock esc?
    anyone have an extra truck,I broke mine again

RC Racer
    I think that the stock motor is the limit on what you can use. 4 pole motors dont agree with the vxl esc. This is just what i understand of the esc

I think that the Velineon combo is a balanced combo. A more powerful motor might be too much for the controller. With a 4 pole motor you need a controller that can deliver more pulses per second.
    Nobody is born with experience.

RC Racer
    well,if I have to get an esc also,what is a good combination.I'm interested in something that fits somewhat easily and gives more power on take off and mid rpm.I don't care about top speed.I'll also be using 8 cell nimh batterys.thanks
    anyone have an extra truck,I broke mine again

RC Champion
    A new or used Mamba Monster Pro is excellent for these vehicles. Also, the castle sidewinder SV2 is good. Hobbywing makes some good ESC's for less too, though I forget the model numbers.

I switched to the MMP, and have never looked back. I added water-resistance to it with some liquid electrical tape.

RC Champion
    A new or used Castle Mamba Monster Pro is excellent for these vehicles. Also, the Castle Sidewinder SV2 is good. Hobby wing makes some good ESC's for less too, though I forget the model numbers.

I switched to the MMP, and have never looked back. I added water-resistance to it with some liquid electrical tape. Once I went to a newer motor, the VXL-3s was no longer an option.

I put the Viper 4500kv setup in my Rusty and it works great.

Sent from my Kindle.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...