Thread: new body

RC Racer

new body

i am looking for a new body for my traxxas slash and have no idea where to get a complete body already painted

RC Champion
    do you want a traxxas body or something else
    With great brushless comes great responsibility.

RC Qualifier
    No Limit RC of Maryland

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    Lots of pre-painted bodies on ebay. If you bide your time, you can get one for a decent price.
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

RC Racer
    ok thanks for the help

RC Racer
    how hard is it to paint a body?

RC Qualifier
    Does your right index finger work well enough to depress the cap on a spray can?

If so, you have all the skills necessary to paint a body.

Seriously, Google it. Tons of websites. Many videos on YouTube. Nothing wrong with a one-color-wonder.

It's easy.
    Hardest part is making it not bleed
    Oh ya
    You NEED patience ...
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

RC Racer
    Ok thanks for the help bought one of ebay

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    You wouldn't believe some of the paint jobs I've done with a spray can! I have done 15-20 so far in 3 years and it just makes you want to get more paint and bodies as soon as I see it in action. You also get lots of confidence, feel good moments after completing these tasks. I would encourage any rc driver to get some paint, masking tape or mask pattern, and a new body. What ever the result, good/pour, you can't replace that learning experience any other way.
    So I challenge you to pick a body, something with less curves and arches, paint. Watch a couple videos about painting the bodies, and give it a shot. Your gonna beat up any fine work or stock style body anyway, so give it a shot. It could be a step that takes you to a whole new understanding of this hobbie.
    I mean this in a harmless and positive way! Good luck, I've got my hopes up for ya!
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by thedreadedend View Post
    You wouldn't believe some of the paint jobs I've done with a spray can! I have done 15-20 so far in 3 years and it just makes you want to get more paint and bodies as soon as I see it in action. You also get lots of confidence, feel good moments after completing these tasks. I would encourage any rc driver to get some paint, masking tape or mask pattern, and a new body. What ever the result, good/pour, you can't replace that learning experience any other way.
    So I challenge you to pick a body, something with less curves and arches, paint. Watch a couple videos about painting the bodies, and give it a shot. Your gonna beat up any fine work or stock style body anyway, so give it a shot. It could be a step that takes you to a whole new understanding of this hobbie.
    I mean this in a harmless and positive way! Good luck, I've got my hopes up for ya!
    i couldnt agree with you more. i painted my first body a few days ago...made a few mistakes. however i learned a lot and i now know what i need to do the next time to make it look mint. so, +1 on painting a new body.