RC Qualifier

Just reached the "Summit" of RC

Just wanted to drop a message and introduce myself as get another brand new Summit owner. And an extremely happy and satisfied Summit owner at that.

This is one absolutely AMAZING truck! I was out of RC for a while, 3 years to be exact. I used to have the old original emaxx back in 2001 and drive that thing into the ground after 5 years. It was amazing fun and fast. Unfortunately I drove it into the ground and got more then my monies worth out if it.

Well earlier this year I decided to really get back into RC. I bought a SC10 to race at the local track and it has been great fun for that. But it's not for true bashing RC fun. Did a lot of research and finally decided that the Summit would be the best all around RC fun truck for me. Bought it for myself for Christmas and I have to say it has been the best money I have spent in RC in a long time. This thing puts a smile on my face longer then it has been since I first pulled that emaxx out if the box back in 2001.

I can't believe how cool this truck is. And wow is this thing HUGE!! The technology in this truck just blows me away. I love being able to lock my duffs from the remote. Just amazing. And to be able to switch from 1st to 2nd gear from the remote like I used to do with my e-maxx brings back great memories. The suspension travel on this thing blows me away. And I love to watch the suspension cycle when flying in 2nd gear. Too much fun. Then with the ability to lock the diff I was able to climb a set of 5 stairs. Amazing!

Ok as you can read I am over the moon about this truck. Can't wait to get further into the truck and the summit community. Going to be a to. Of fun

RC Qualifier
    I am happy you love your Summit. I am getting mine on Friday! :P

welcome to the club If you have questions about the truck this is the best place on the planet for answers.
    ive had mine a while now(3 years) still got the smile
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    Your going to love it! Trust me the versatility of this machine is amazing. Enjoy!

RC Qualifier
    Glad to hear your smile for this truck is still going strong after 3 years. Looking forward to making the same journey with this truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Sactown_Summit View Post
    Glad to hear your smile for this truck is still going strong after 3 years. Looking forward to making the same journey with this truck.
    It does help that i have some stuff to play on......ok lots and lots of stuff
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    ive had my summit sinch christmas day and i absolutely love it! im sure you will have a great run with your summit mate

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jamann View Post
    It does help that i have some stuff to play on......ok lots and lots of stuff

Wow awesome vid!! And your right you do have some amazing terrain to play on. I just found two great areas to really have some fun with the summit. Charging up my batteries again as I type so I can head back out again tomorrow and take em on.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by JoelRobbo View Post
    ive had my summit sinch christmas day and i absolutely love it! im sure you will have a great run with your summit mate
    Looks like you had a great Christmas also! Having a blast so far.

RC Qualifier
    sure am mate, Sactown_Summit

Gotta love Summit! Watch out for rust though, I found 4 seized bearings on my Summit today while I was doing maintaince, and I've only drove it 7 times in the snow! Just make sure you dry it WELL after getting it wet! Good luck!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh 1/18 Rally/Teton T-Maxx

RC poster
    I've been running mine in the snow also. Which bearings were seized up?

I've been running mine in the snow also. Which bearings were seized up?
    One in the steering bellcrank, one inside the transmission, one inside the front diff, and one in the diff shifting linkages.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh 1/18 Rally/Teton T-Maxx

RC poster
    I bought an outerwears shroud, it keeps the snow out of the top of the chassis at least.

RC Qualifier
    Just had to write. I was finally able to get the new summit out in a true rock crawling environment. This truck is just absolutely amazing. I was able to get access to piles of big baseball to basketball size chunks of broken up pavement and concrete. It was amazing to see the benefit of the locked differentials and hat they can do to pull you up and over obstacles. I truly love watching the suspension articulate over the obstacles and terrain.

The summit has truly opened up my eyes to the enjoyment if a new area of RC. The ability of this truck to scale and crawl has shown me you don't have to always go 50 mph to have fun in RC. the fact that it does have a 2nd gear to get some speed fix in is only a bonus.

Kudos to Traxxas for truly putting the enjoyment of RC back into the hobby for me.

No to start shopping for some skid plates for the bottom to get a little more slide over the rocks. Already starting to chew up the underside of my Summit's belly. Any suggestions for skids for the suspension arms and belly? Guess I will search also and see hat I can find.

Thanks.

RC Racer
    Look up T-Bone Racing.

Summit TQi w/ Dewalt 14.4v, MERV

RC Qualifier
    Awesome. Exactly what I'm looking for. Looks like I have an order to place.

RC Champion
    Can't wait to get mine this week now.

RC Qualifier
    Here are a couple pics from my bash sessions today. Feel like I am just scratching the surface with this truck:

Last edited by Sactown_Summit; 01-02-2013 at 12:27 AM.

I'm a fan of the tbone skids.no interest in the bumpers myself.
    No snow here but got a puddle not the same
    http://youtu.be/_9Eb985FHCg

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried