RC Racer

Go Pro on 1/16th 4x4 Digger

Put my Go Pro on the boys Digger today and went for a burn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GUPO...ature=youtu.be

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I.miss the snow! That looks like a lot of fun!

RC Qualifier
    Looks like a blast, thanks for posting the video!

RC Racer
    cool video. Did you just mount the gopro on top?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by warcara View Post
    cool video. Did you just mount the gopro on top?
    Yeah I just used a flat sticky mount on the roof, I find it kinda protects the body a little too because when it flips over it skids on the go pro mount, this body is getting pretty beat, my Son has a new stock body that my wifes brother got him for his bday that he puts on the truck when its in his room on display, he will never run the truck with that body though, just for looks, lol.

RC Champion
    I thought about mounting mine on my Summit like that...but was afraid it would make it too top heavy.
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker

RC Qualifier
    That vid came out cool! I'm surprised there"s not more vibration - My body fits pretty sloppy I don't think that approach would work for me (?) I was thinking of building a mounting "frame" just under the body that would provide a solid (relatively speaking) hard point to mount the gopro. Attaching to the chassis on a 1/16 is a challenge, you need at least three points.....hmmmmm
    I agree it will be very top heavy even with just minimal camera (no bak attached)

RC Racer
    It does make it top heavy and it will flip very easy on dry ground but in the snow it does just fine, the first time I tried it was on dry ground and the run only lasted about 30 seconds before I took it off.

RC Champion
    After looking at the Chassis...I
    m thinking I can make an aluminum plate "saddle" about 2" wide that will go over the top of the chassis...and have tabs sticking out of both sides.I'll have it velcro to the battery doors.
    Then I can mount the GoPro about door level on the drivers or passenger side...whichever I want.
    Doing this...the camera will only stick out past the tires about 1/4" and will be lower than the roof.
    For the opposite side that the camera is mounted on...I'm just going to add a counter weight that weighs the same as the camera...just to keep it balanced.
    As fast as this thing is with the lipos in it...I doubt that this little extra bit of weight will make that much of a difference.
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker

RC Qualifier
    regular Velcro's gonna be kinda wobbly - try to find the heavy duty kind, it has hooks on both sides. I can't remember what they call it but I know it works better in water too

RC Champion
    I'll figure something out to make it secure.
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker