RC Competitor

Need help getting A Arms off of Jato 3.3

Is there a way to take the rear A Arms off the Jato 3.3 without unscrewing the entire gearbox from the chassis to get to the mounting pins? I tried to take the battery box off to get to the pins, but it also has a mounting screw that is accessed from behind, where the gear box sits. I must be missing something as it doesn't seem like it should be that involved to just replace suspension arms and battery box.

Suggestions on the front suspension arms would be helpful as well. I haven't tried the front yet, but it seems like it is just as involved.

RC Qualifier
    for the rear you have to tale out the 2 screws from underneeth the frame and the2 screws above the sway bar screws.....the front is basically just taking off thebumper and removing the pins....goodluck
    jato os21
    tmaxx 4908
    nitro sport
    needs money:[

RC Competitor
    Thanks, but don't i have to unscrew the whole gearbox to get to the two screws under the chassis? Just confirming.

RC Competitor
    On the rear, you gotta take the rear cover off; like I Run Jato said, 2 screws above sway bar, take those out; and the 2 screws under; the whole cover comes off with the screw that is accessed from behind with it (some leave that screw out to change from the wheelie bar back to standard bumper; I always put that screw back tho') You might need to take a small screwdriver to lightly help the rear cover come off; its in their nice and snug. Dont forget to put the tie bar back in place.. lol

RC Competitor
    Yep! That worked! Man, it was tough to see that from the exploded views. How did you figure that out??? Thanks for the assistance! New RPM A arms going on tomorrow!

RC Enthusiast
    I have to replace my front right arm. I took the front pin out but how do you get the back one out? Will it slide out if I turn the car on end????

RC Enthusiast
    Got it, I didn't realize it but my pin sheared and when I pulled out about a half inch I was wondering how to get the rest out. I had to cut away at the back part of the A arm to show the pin then push it up with snips. New pin installed and A arm and the truck is rippin.

RC poster
    Thanks this really helped while installing my aluminum a arms