RC poster

Clutch Heat/Smoke

Recently upgraded to 2.2 Ripsaw wheels on my 2wd slash. Out of the gate, the truck runs great, lots of speed, no issues, until about 5 minutes into it, the clutch starts giving out and I can smell/see a little smoke coming out of the tranny case. My slipper is backed off a full turn, is that too loose, too tight? I just wanna get some input before I go and start tearing things up anymore than I already have. Thanks for the help/input...

RC Racer
    can you post a pic of the disc and the clutch pads please would help to diagnose but just from what your saying it sounds like pads might be worn down or your slipper is to loose but pics will help some of the senior members deduce the issue

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by armorred_slash View Post
    can you post a pic of the disc and the clutch pads please would help to diagnose but just from what your saying it sounds like pads might be worn down or your slipper is to loose but pics will help some of the senior members deduce the issue
    I can send pics later if I need to, but its a brand new slipper and pads, I just bought the rebuild kit cause my old pads and slipper were beat up so its a brand new setup

RC Racer
    all i can think of is its not tight enough and its slipping and creating to much friction and roasting the pads and creating a slippery surface on the pad and making in worse

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    Usually you wanna go full tight and then back off an eighth to a quarter turn. If that doesn't do it, I'd inspect the internals to see what's going on.
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

RC Racer
    agree with maxx gers in tranny might not be meshing properly or dirt in case clogging teeth wouldnt hurt to break it down clean and lube