Hybrid View

RC Qualifier

New Jato 3.3 owner

i just got a Jato 3.3 today, i traded my xbox 360 for it . what are some of the things i need to watch for on this vehicle? the guy that had it before me had the rear shocks all the way lowered, i put them back to stock holes. and is it ok to run this truck in dirt and grass or should i just stick to pavement? let me know what you think about this truck and what you like and dont like about it and how i can make it better.
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Racer
    Um....... You can use it almost everywhere but you just need to change the tires, 2.8 might be too big for some tires, if so, get 2.2. I also replaced all the a arms and bumper to the rpm brand, just for fun. And well Yah lol.

RC Qualifier
    You can run it off road for sure, but you might want to swap the tires.

I would get these mods first:
    1. THS exhaust (cheapest price vs performance mod)
    2. Dual brake kit
    3. 20/40 gearing (the stock gearing makes the Jato wheelie like crazy. 20/40 gives you higher speed, less acceleration).

There are plenty more mods I would suggest, but they're the cheapest, and most needed mods.

RC Qualifier
    my jato wouldnt wheelie at all, i think i am just not tuning it correct. this truck is already rediculously fast i am just gonna keep performance stock. as for the steering, is there anything that i can do to help the steering?
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by davyjones'_fleet View Post
    my jato wouldnt wheelie at all, i think i am just not tuning it correct. this truck is already rediculously fast i am just gonna keep performance stock. as for the steering, is there anything that i can do to help the steering?
    you would have to change the servo

RC Qualifier
    I had the same problem. First I would suggest tightening the clipper clutch (be careful, you can ruin the tranny if you don't know how much to tighten).

As for the servo saver, the Jato has one already.

RC Qualifier
    does anyone have any servo reccomendations? is there a after market steering servo saver that i can purchase?
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Qualifier
    I bought some excellent Savox servos for a custom build last summer. They run on LiPo power and are about 2x faster and stronger than stock.
    --
    Nitro-J-Rod

RC Qualifier
    do you have the part number and specs for that savox servo jarod? and how much was it. and does the reason that i am still running on AA batts for servo power have anything to do with it? what is the best servo hump pack that i can buy if that will make it any better?
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Competitor
    get the flat pack for mid mount imo

RC Qualifier
    I use a LiPo flat pack and can run for hours without any issues. The Savox servo's are the SC-1268SG high-voltage digital version. You can run them on unregulated LiPo batts. Total overkill, but I wanted it fast and tough. I think I paid about $100 a piece for them. Below are the spec. With a LiPo batt they run at 7.4v, not 6.0v. I have never run on AA batts, but I know they just don't have the constant rate of power you will want over time.

Dimensions: 40.3x20.2x37.2mm
    Weight: 62.0g
    Speed(@6.0V sec/60): .13
    Torque(@6.0V oz-in): 208.3
    Speed(@7.4V sec/60): .11
    Torque(@7.4V oz-in): 347.2
    Gear: Unique Steel
    Bearing: 2BB
    Case: Aluminum
    25 Tooth Spline
    --
    Nitro-J-Rod

RC Qualifier
    i didn't know you could run lipo's do you have a part number for that lipo pack? i don't wanna order one that wont fit ya know.
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Qualifier
    and dont you need a regulator for the lipo battery so you dont run it all the way dead?
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Qualifier
    Also, the Spektrum SR3100 Rx can handle up to 9.6v.

Type:Race Receiver
    # of Channels:3
    ModulationSM2
    Band:2.4GHz
    Length:1.30 in (33.1mm)
    Width:0.9 in (21.6mm)
    Height:0.5 in (12.35mm)
    Weight:.21 oz (6 g)
    Voltage Range:3.5-9.6V
    --
    Nitro-J-Rod

RC Qualifier
    You don't want a regulator as long as the Rx and servo's can handle the higher voltage. I am also running a Spektrum 3100 Rx, which can handle a straight 7.4 volts, so no regulator is needed. A low voltage cut-off would be handy, but I never run more than 3 hrs and have never had the battery get low enough to damage it. As long as this battery stays above 6.0v it is fine. You can buy LV cutoff switches but I didn't bother. I don't have the part number handy, but it was made by ProTek RC and purchased from amainhobbies. You can google it and find it. Just double check the dimensions to make sure it will fit. In theory, you could probably get about 8+ hrs of run time out of it.
    --
    Nitro-J-Rod

RC Qualifier
    i just want the steering not to suck so much, do you think just changing to i higher torque servo and a regular hump pack would be sufficient enough? i dont want to spend that much money ya know
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Qualifier
    i just want the steering not to suck so much, do you think just changing to i higher torque servo and a regular hump pack would be sufficient enough? i dont want to spend that much money ya know
    The stock servo sucks if the car is standing still, but once it has momentum, it's not a problem.

The throttle servo on the other hand, I switched to a Servox metal geared one.

RC Qualifier
    Are you running the stock servo?

Swtich to the traxxas rx pack and go from there. The stock steering servo and good battery shouldn't be an issue.

What sort of steering issues are you having?
    --
    Nitro-J-Rod

RC Qualifier
    i actually got a upgraded savox SC-1521mg servo today and boy does it whip these tires from side to side, now i dont have to worry anymore. thanks for all the info tho guys...
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5