RC poster

TQ antenna change ?

Hi all this is my first post on here so Hello first of all.

I got my daughter a Rustler for Christmas as her first car it uses the TQ 27mhz radio is there any way of changing the antenna for a short little one or does it run when its just up a little bit we didn't try it in case it ran away never to be found again, she is only nine and has bent the antenna already in a bush, I use the TQi with my slash which is great no antenna at all is the only way round this to change the radio I hope not.

Thanks in advance

RC Enthusiast
    You could by another receiver for the TQi that lets you use the short antenna. The controller can bind to multiple receivers.

Justin

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    If you run with the antenna down, you are more likely to loose control of the RC.

If you want her to have her own radio or for you and her to be able to drive at the same time, you are going to need another radio system. Fortunately, they can be had for $35-45 on the MP... a lot cheaper than full retail yet usually next to new systems. Sometimes these deals can be found on eBay as well.

What you are looking for is a TQi system like you have or a 2238/2218x combo. The 2238/2218x is the "old" short antenna system. The 2238 will bind with your RC and your TQi will bind with her RC... but only if you want.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.